Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Gigablue 800se image software issue

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Gigablue 800se image software issue

Hi,
    when I try to load the image by pressing the ok button the image wont load. date on the old image is 1/1/1970.
    I reloaded bootloader to see if this would help but it still will not load.
    Please don't go down the road of telling me to use different usb etc as I have loaded 100s of images with no issues.
    would the ok button be broken?
    is there another way to get image loaded?
    Thanks
    Pioneer 50 inch Kuro tv
    Onkyo 906 amp with B&W MT-30 speakers with B&W PV-1 sub.
    Vu duo, dreambox 800se and ET9000 stb.
    Xtreamer prodigy media player with 4TB Wd black Caviar hdd.Abigs D7 media player 2tb Wd hdd. 6tb of HD movies and counting

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ����
    Anyone any ideas?
    Pioneer 50 inch Kuro tv
    Xtreamer prodigy media player with 4TB Wd black Caviar hdd.Abigs D7 media player 2tb Wd hdd. 6tb of HD movies and counting

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Have you unzipped the image file before putting it on the usb stick?

I'm going off memory here as i no longer have an 800se. If i remember rightly once the box sees the image on the stick the word CONF should appear on the display on the front of the receiver. If this is not happening then the receiver is not seeing the image on the usb stick

You should have a folder called Gigablue on the USB stick. Inside that folder you should see another folder called Se.

Inside the Se folder you should see the following files

imageversion
    kernel.bin
    noforce
    rootfs.bin
    splash.bin
    warning.bin

If your USB has all the correct files on it when the box boots you will see GIGA first then you will see CONF. At this point you will need to press OK on the receiver to confirm you want to flash the image to the box. Pressing OK on the remote will not work.

Once you have pressed OK just let the receiver do its own thing, you will see numbers on the front display something like E000 going to E100 and then P000 to P100, The receiver will reboot into the the new image once the image has been successfully flashed to it.

If that is how everything is set out on your USB stick as above then it should flash your receiver as described previously.

If all you have is a zip file called something like openvix-3.2.036.release-gb800se_usb it wont work. You need to uncompress the file first.

Make sure the USB stick is also formatted using FAT32 as thats what the receiver is expecting to see.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 22-03-16 at 17:54.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Tyler (22-03-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi mate,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes I did unzip the file.
    As I said earlier I have done this lots of times so I know how to load an image.
    For some reason the box sees the image but when I press the OK button the image won't load.
    If I load the bootloader it loads that fine but not the image.
    I tried using different builds but still it doesn't work.
    When the old image loads it dated 1/1/1970.
    Pioneer 50 inch Kuro tv

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Sounds like your receiver is going down the same road as my old 800se. Mine stopped booting and wouldn't accept a new image but would quite happily accept the bootlaoder in the same way as yours

I tried the PSU off my nBox 5800s receiver which for some unknown reason seemed to fix the issue and allowed me to upgrade the image. Shortly afterwards it stopped booting again all together. The PSU that came with the Gigablue is still working with my nBox so no idea why it helped when i swapped them, it just did.

I think your receiver could well be sounding the death knell.

I just stuck my old 800se on ebay as spares or repair in the end and purchased an Xtrend ET9500 to replace it. Not a bad receiver but not a patch on my old Gigablue.