Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Satellite Signal

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    are you using ABM or canning as normal or other method. what image are you on?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all
    Tried H and V still the same no signal at all I try and scan the channels manually as ABM keeps saying Tuner Timeout Lock but it was OK before I moved I used to use ABM. I am using Vix image 3.0 I think I know it's the latest build of Vix image. It's just a strange predicament I'm in gigabyte fine at friends cables I use get about 30% Signal on Sky I decreases the signal.from 30 to 80% to.see If gigablue picks signal up but still the same nothing on gigablue also same on vu Solo 2 no signal fine before the move.

Only other I can think of is the change cable from thin type Sky use to thick type and see if that makes any difference but was using the thin type at old address so don't know if that will help.

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    I would re-cut the cable at the receiver end and make sure that the connectors are seated properly and that the screening is properly separated from the central core ..... Its almost like the connectors are not seating properly into the GB .. If you understand what I mean ... and so although you are screwing them on they are not making any connection inside the GB
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    Thanks for the advice tried that and still same so tomorrow but thicker cable and bring in a whole new line from dish and see if that makes any difference .
    Will let u all know

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    Thanks
    I'm having an issue too ....

I've taken the LNB 2 cable out the back of my SKY box and attached it to the port on the VU+ Zero. However, the copper cable sticks out quite far and meets teh end of the connector which seems to long for my Zero ... I wind on the connector and the cable pops out.

Is it just a case of trimming the copper wire or is there something I'm missing here?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all
    Tried new cable from dish and still no.signal.iin gigabyte but getting a fluctuating signal on vulnerable solo 2 quality good on vulnerable solo 2 but strength fluctuates from 20% to 70% not steady like a countdown timer running from 20 to 70 vice versa . So don't know what to do know stuck in deep hole can't get out all good before my move to new home.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Jaleco
    Try trimming copper wire seems too long for the vu box . Can always make new connection if need be just try it and see if it works.

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Maybe the lnb's at the new site are different to the ones at the old site. Universal, or specific LO? Continuous band or dual band etc. There are lots of different lnb's available... Was the Sky box & TV in use at the old house, or were they part of the new house (and correctly installed to these particular lnb's).
    Last edited by stick50jr; 13-03-16 at 06:15.
    OpenVix:
    VU+Duo2 -- 2 x Twin internal DVB-S2 & DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T (Avermedia Twinstar [AF9035], Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]) = 8 tuners
    VU+Duo4kse -- internal Sat FBC & twin DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stick50jr View Post
    Maybe the lnb's at the new site are different to the ones at the old site. Universal, or specific LO? Continuous band or dual band etc. There are lots of different lnb's available... Was the Sky box & TV in use at the old house, or were they part of the new house (and correctly installed to these particular lnb's).
    Hi Sticky
    It's the same dish took it down and reput it up at new address good signal tried two different positions and still the same problem Sky getting good signal about 60% and about 80% quality so when use the same cables in gigabyte no signal gone to mates tuners OK they pick up a signal there so can't work out what's the matter at new address.

Any help welcome

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    You say signal good on sky box, are you getting a picture or are you just looking at signal?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Those signal strength/quality values are not consistent throughout the thread.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    Yes getting perfect picture on sky but nothing on gigablue no signal at all.

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Those signal strength/quality values are not consistent throughout the thread.
    Hi
    Yes I know been moving dish about to see if gigablue box picks the signal up but it doesn't at moment tweaked dish again and now signal on LNB 1 on Sky 100% and 80% quality but still no signal.

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all
    Decided to contact WOS for help as box still under warranty emailed them after phone call and wait for reply and see what they say.

Will update when get reply as moment Tech Guy out of country so need to wait till he back.

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Try an older ViX build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast