Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Satellite Signal

Title
    Thanks

No Satellite Signal

Hi all
    I am experienced person with boxes but this strange thing has happened. Moved home and before that all 4 tuners working OK 2 sat 2 cable. Now in new home and went to set up gigablue quad plus . Connected all sat leads and cables didn't change no settings as box before OK now I get Tune Failed and no sat channels no signal in sat finder. But if I use same cables with Sky I get 80% signal and same cables with TV it has sat tuner built in it also works fine but gigablue not picking up sat signal tried my old vu solo and same problem no sat signal. Has I said same cables give me 80% signal on Sky but 0 on gigablue.

Please someone help me to sort this problem out giving me headaches. Work in Sky but not in gigablue.

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    what is your tuner setup. are you using cable usb tuner or 2x DVB-C/T/T2

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    I'm using 2 sat tuners unbuilt and 2 cable tuners plus and play no USB tuners.

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i assume you have cable where you are? check the cables and see if they are loose

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    I have cable where I am but cable not the issue at moment no connection with vermin until 15th April. So issue is with satellite no signal.being received cables OK as if I use same cable on Sky I get 80% signal. At moment using the same cable to.watch free channels on Sky so cable not problem something wrong with gigablue it's not seeing the sat signal but was OK before I moved last week. No.settings changed.

I need help why gigablue is not seeing the sat signal .

Any help gladly appreciated.

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    1) how are the tuners configured.
    2) take cable to Sky tuner 2 and connect to tuner A on the GB.
    3) check on the Sky box that you are seeing signal on both cables.....
    4) on GB does it show no signal on both tuners (flip between them)

Could be you only have one good cable connection.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    Tuners both configured to single sat astra 28.2E and yes I have checked both cables with Sky and gigablue both cables on Sky show 80% signal and no signal on gigablue tried swapping cables over from tuner A to tuner B but still the same problem. I even tried them in my old vu solo 2 and same problem.no signal so it's something down to signal side of things as both boxes working fine before the move. Funny thing same cable being used now in Sky and signal over 80% to view FTA on Sky and that fine but if put it in gigablue no signal and same with vu solo 2.

I'm baffled desperately need help.

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    Thanks
    As much as I hate Sky boxes, their tuners are usually pretty good! ... But this is a crazy situation. So maybe (?) the signal is too strong for the GB (I have seen many times a Sky box showing about 80% max even when the signal is better than that) ....... Sounds crazy but over here (continental europe) where we play with marginal signals and large dishes, several of the guys have ended up with attentuators in the loop depending on the Lnb and cable lengths ..... I am assuming your cable length is not that long and that you have a normal Sky dish plus lnb (s) on the roof with nothing in between?
    Attentuators are dirt cheap and at least worth a try,
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    Cable length is quite long about 50 or 60 feet will try and buy attenuator and check if not one thing I will try is to align the dish against the gigabyte box and see what happens . Also dish not that high up about 7 or 8 feet off the ground.

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eggie99 View Post
    Hi
    Cable length is quite long about 50 or 60 feet will try and buy attenuator and check if not one thing I will try is to align the dish against the gigabyte box and see what happens . Also dish not that high up about 7 or 8 feet off the ground.

Thanks
    Eggie
    the dish does need to be above 10 feet up or more. have you recently flashed the box recently or same setup from the old house? if flashed recently try re-flashing. like you say try re-aligning the dish.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    the dish does need to be above 10 feet up or more. have you recently flashed the box recently or same setup from the old house? if flashed recently try re-flashing. like you say try re-aligning the dish.
    No it dont just had sky install my dish and its about 5 feet of the ground put by my lounge window as i live in a bungalow..

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    check the signal and connections from lnb and double check the alignment. you may need someone to move is high up to pick a signal. was the dish already there when you moved or did someone put it up?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all
    Tried re aligning the dish and decreased the signal to about 30% Sky fine both cables on sky fine about 30% each but the both cables give me 0 signal on gigabyte and vu solo 2 but both fine before move. I aligned dish with sat meter so signal is OK. I have seen dishes about 4 or 5 feet off the ground and fine. Last dish about 9 or 10 feet off the ground and worked perfect on both boxes. So back to square one only thing left to test boxes on a different system incase tuners faulty but both boxes tuners can't have gone faulty in move but you never know. Will test soon and see what's going on.

Thanks
    Eggie

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all
    Checked boxes at friends and tuners OK but for some reason gigabyte quad plus only picking up.a small selection of channels only about 129 out of about 650 channels sky has so that a bit baffling but at least I know tuners OK. Still same no signal at home tune failed but same cables work on Sky fine using them now to watch ft a channels. So this is a mystery to me .

Any help.welcome
    Eggie

Title
    Thanks
    Its certainly not the dish height (off the ground), as long as it has a clear line of sight to the satellites it can be on the ground
    Although at friends you are picking up channels, it should pick up the lot without issue, so something is not correct .....
    If you sure of your channel settings on the GB have you tried a selection of channels with different requirements eg H or V and see if its still no signal?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast