Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repaired TM Twin-OE PSU

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

Repaired TM Twin-OE PSU

Quote Originally Posted by thejoker View Post
    What two smaller? Theres loads on the left hand side of the picture above, or do you mean the two blue ones that are together near the middle..?
    2 on the right of that big black thing (transformer), 1 is blue the other is brown, In the image posted earlier in post. They are known as start up capacitors and if faulty the psu won't start up and you may hear a ticking sound.
    Last edited by TK4|2|1; 16-05-17 at 17:55.

Title
    Thanks
    But my psu doesn't have those symptoms, it runs fine, just there is no vfd display or remote control function.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    But my psu doesn't have those symptoms, it runs fine, just there is no vfd display or remote control function.
    Then my guess would be 1 of the many capacitors on the secondary side of the transformer (left of the big black thing). There may even be a small capacitor on the vfd front panel gone.
    May be easier to replace the complete psu.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is that not heat damage on the ic [ 8 leg ] chip, the right hand side of the small transformer ??
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    Thanks
    This is my PSU here. Heat damage to the viper chip which I have just ordered from eBay. Maybe that will sort it on it's own but still not sure if what caps to change.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    This is my PSU here. Heat damage to the viper chip which I have just ordered from eBay. Maybe that will sort it on it's own but still not sure if what caps to change.
    I would definitely change the 1 next to it, and the 1 next to the other 8 pin chip above it, on your photo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12