Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parted Magic

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Parted Magic 2013_02_28

The Parted Magic project is proud to announce another stable release of the popular partitioning and system rescue environment. Since the last release many new improvements and updates have taking place.

Parted Magic now supports booting from EFI BIOS. The kernel has been upgraded to Linux 3.7.9 with fixes for the bug bricking Samsung laptops using EFI and the samsung-laptop module. It's safe to use EFI and Parted Magic in this release. Thanks to czernitko from Czernitko's Corner for helping us put this together.

chntpw has been added to the boot menu once again.

A new kernel command line option “wicd” allows you to easily switch between Network Manager and WICD.

A bug affecting networking detection in Clonezilla has been fixed.

Added de, fr, it, ja, nb, pl, pt_BR, ru, zh_CN, zh_TW translations to the new shutdown menu.

The program wipefreespace has been added and we spent a lot of time make a nice GTK+ GUI to make it easier to use. It can be accessed from the Disk Eraser menu on the desktop.

NetworkManager and network-manager-applet have been updated to 0.9.8.0. A bug in Parted Magic that was causing the authentication dialog from starting has been fixed. Wireless is far easier to use now.

Following programs have been added: parallel-20120322, libxslt-1.1.26, secure-delete-3.1, wipefreespace-1.7.2, and minicom-2.6.

Updated Programs: mozilla-firefox-19.0.1, fsarchiver-0.6.17, unetbootin-583, flashrom-0.9.6.1, spacefm-8544e8b, btrfs-progs-20130216, dosfstools-3.0.14, exfat-utils-1.0.1, fuse-exfat-1.0.1, linux-3.7.9, ntfs-3g_ntfsprogs-2013.1.13AR.1, xfsdump-3.1.2, xf86-video-intel-2.21.3, network-manager-applet-0.9.8.0, NetworkManager-0.9.8.0, nilfs-utils-2.1.4, udevil-0.4.0, lxpanel-0.5.12, menu-cache-0.4.1, nwipe-0.13, xf86-video-mga-1.6.2, nmap-6.25, xf86-input-synaptics-1.6.3, xf86-video-intel-2.21.0, gtkdialog-0.8.3, xf86-video-ati-7.1.0.

See the ChangeLog for a complete list of updates.

Code:
    http://www.downloadbestsoft.com/download/pmagic_2013_02_28.iso

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Parted Magic 2013_05_01

The Parted Magic project is proud to announce another stable release of the popular partitioning and system rescue environment. This has been by far the most ambitious release of Parted Magic to date. Take a look at all the new features and improvements!

EFI booting support from CDROM has been greatly improved.

Erase Disk has a new menu with translations.

f2fs-tools has been added. You an also create a f2fs with GParted. The GParted team graciously excepted our patch and merged it with version 0.16.0 of GParted.

A new “forcevesa” kernel command line option has been added. This works with cards like the MGA G200* series.

The Parted Magic Wipe Free Space GUI has been translated.

We have created a simple GTK+ GUI for chntpw. It should make changing Windows passwords much easier.

The Xorg Server has been upgraded to 1.14.1 with all the latest Xorg drivers.

SpaceFM now manages the desktop. You can now drag and drop icons to the desktop or /root/Desktop folders. The right click menu allows the creation of files and folders. That means you can keep your files on the desktop again.

Jeex and Hexedit have been added to the SpaceFM right click “Open” menu. This makes it much easier to edit files directly. “Open terminal here” and “Show hidden files” have also been added to the right click menu.

We have written a new program to help prepare USB drives for booting Parted Magic. It's called “USB Boot Flash”. This code was based off “bootflash” from Puppy Linux.

Firefox has been upgraded to version 20.0.1.

We wrote a new program called “Parted Magic Mount” to replace mount-gtk.

The fstab daemon has been completely redesigned. It works much faster and it's a lot more accurate then it ever has been. Because of the new design it polls every 5 seconds instead of 10. If a change is detected, the device probe and fstab changes are made in about 1 second on most machines.
    GParted has been upgraded to version 0.16.1. This version corrects the segfaults found in the 0.15.0 and 0.16.0 releases. It's been well tested by us and the GParted team.

Clonezilla has been upgraded to version 3.3.10 and DRBL to version 2.3.10.

There has also been a number of added programs: chkrootkit-0.49, gdmap-0.8.1, sg3_utils-1.35, jeex-12.0, xterm-291, rdesktop-1.7.1, putty-0.62, and f2fs-tools-1.1.0.

The Linux kernel has been upgraded to version 3.8.10 with reiser4 support.

The following programs have been removed: udisks, mount-gtk, Rox-filer, feh, and imlib.

See the changelog for a complete list of updated packages. There are a lot of them!

Code:
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/partedmagic/pmagic_2013_05_01.iso
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Parted Magic 2013_08_01

This is probably the most thoroughly tested version of Parted Magic we've done in awhile. More attention was given to fixing old problems then adding new features. That's not to say there are a few new ones.

The program to download virus definitions has been overhauled to show more information after the download is complete. Such as the size of the files and the version. You can also decide to download the main, daily, or both. The program which displays what programs are installed has been split up into groups instead of a 1,000 package list.

The EFI GRUB2 menu and the syslinux menu have been completely overhauled from scratch. The syslinux menu looks the same, but the guts are entirely new. The EFI GRUB2 menu is now laid out almost exactly like the syslinux menu so it isn't as confusing.

The Parted Magic services program was also overhauled and works with easier to manage toggle buttons for stop/start.

The program to switch keyboards maps again gets a facelift.

Parted Magic now includes wxHexEditor, powertop, mbuffer, mhash, and emelfm2.

A few long standing unexplainable problems have disappeared switching from systemd-udev to eudev. As far as we know, we are one of the first distributions to start using it by default.

How Parted Magic sets the time has been redone and a new user friendly GUI to set the time has been created.

As usual, about 100+ programs have been upgraded to their newest releases. Take a look at the change log for all the nuts and bolts.

Code:
     http://downloads.sourceforge.net/partedmagic/pmagic_2013_08_01.iso

SIMPLES.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12