Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Media Boxes

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No 24fps, all gets speeded up to 60hz, not the correct way to watch a 'film'
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks

Suggestions ?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts
    See the new Venz K1 4K Android box, runs Android 5.1.1 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...ull-4K-support
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    by the sounds of it you already have plenty of films that you load onto a 2tb HDD and pass it on
    the most easiest way to pass theses films on (i guess you store them yourself) would be via PLex you create a Plex server on your PC then add your movies stored location (mine are on my NAS) to you Plex server
    Plex will then scan and add movies info and cover for you (it can be picky if you have named them wrong) once thats done
    at your sister in laws you will need a device Plex can be installed onto (there are loads to chose from Amazon fire sticks to xbox 360's even smart tv's can do it) some maybe better than other but i have had no issues with Amazon sticks Samsung smart tv ruko sticks and web browsers
    once you choose your device log in as you and thats it your movies are there
    if you add a new movies to you movie collection in the set location it will update Plex automatically same as if you remove a movie it will remove it from Plex

i do this for the in laws as they are not techy at all and they use a Amazon fire stick and have never had a issue using it

there is 1 downside if your PC is the Plex server when you turn off the PC Any Plex device will not find the Plex server and will not work a small price considering how easy the set up is and how cheap it is also
    you could build a Plex server that runs 24/7 but TBH i belive the cost would go to about £200/250 for a good spec one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12