Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Upgrade to a Duo 2 from an Ultimo .... Good Idea or should I wait for it to fail ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Upgrade to a Duo 2 from an Ultimo .... Good Idea or should I wait for it to fail ?

Hello Peeps.

OK I have had my Ultimo for about two years now and am thinking about an upgrade, I really like the form factor of the earlier VU receivers in that they fit my Shelf perfectly, The ultimo is fine and working as it should so question is: are the benefits of a Duo 2 worth the £150 upgrade costs (I will sell my Ultimo)

I like the look of it and its VU's Flagship product so that helps, there are a few 380 mm (but not many) wide receivers around but I have had little or no trouble from the Ultimo so am leaning towards the Duo 2.

Your thoughts would be appreciated if you have already made the move. Or am I being silly and should I wait out the Ultimo ?

Many Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have done it. Much faster box Duo2 is. Not to say Ultimo is bad.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    love my Ultimo great flexible box i could not let my go does everything i need it to

speed is not every thing reliability is more important
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yea I kinda get the reliability bit..... Its been faultless bar a few sillies that are mainly down to me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eeza View Post
    Yea I kinda get the reliability bit..... Its been faultless bar a few sillies that are mainly down to me

I did upgrade earlier this year and to be honest the boot up time is better and that's it really, the LCD is a gimmick nothing more so would I do it again hmmmm I doubt it

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had a duo2 myself, but sold it and bought the Mut@nt 2400hd box, and its nice little box m8
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Hold your money and wait for the 4k boxes to mature and than buy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Advantage of the Ultimo is it allows tuner combinations not possible with the Duo2. For example 2x S2, 1x C, 1x T2. And the VFD is the best of any box I've tried. Once booted the Ultimo is still reasonable for performance.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

bassethound (10-11-16)