Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Strange Problem with my Mutant 1200 and certain channels

Title
    Thanks

Strange Problem with my Mutant 1200 and certain channels

Hello All,

I have recently purchased a Mutant 1200HD for another room and it has been working using the fallback tuner option off Wifi connection - which has been great but not as good as a hard wired connection. Anyways, I eventually got a coax from the Sly dish to the mutant, and when doing a scan using ABM i get tuner lock out issue?

Eventually got it to run, but when I go to Sly News, Sly Sports 2 and a few other channels (movies) the Mutant uses the fallback option rather then the feed from teh satellite. If I turn off the fallback off, I get an error message about not being able to show the channel.

Is it possible it could be the LNB? Or is there something else, like xml files or could it be becuase I am trying to run ABM over Wifi?? Its doing my head in.... What is causing it ---- any ideas.....

Set up is - Sly dish with 4 outputs, 1 motorised dish with single LNB. Extrend 9000 as Master unit in my living room ( 1 feed from sly dish, 1 feed from motorised dish), Mutant in bedroom feed from sly dish, DM500 in front room fed from sly dish)
    Last edited by Flyingpig; 03-01-16 at 22:20.

Title
    Thanks
    Just swapped the LNBs, and it is not that..... Changed the cable downstairs.

So either a fault with the box, or the software (ViX), or something I am doing wrong??? Help please?

Thanks,

FP.

Settings are as below

System OE: OE-Alliance 3.2
    Distro: openvix
    Firmware version: 3.2.030
    Last edited by Flyingpig; 04-01-16 at 01:36.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Sounds like a set-up error.
    How are the tuners configured on the Mutant?

Maybe easier for you to reflash, get it working as expected & then set up the fall back tuner if you still use it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Flyingpig (04-01-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You cannot run ABM via remote/fallback tuner. It must be connected to a signal source.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Flyingpig (04-01-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Just copy your bouquets over from the other machine, no need for ABM or anything else.
    Either use filezilla to copy over or better still use something like Echannelizer to read the bouquets from the main machine and then copy over just the 28.2E bouquets as you seem to have more than 1 dish .....where does the other point?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Flyingpig (04-01-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Hello All,

Thanks for the replies. I have connected an LNB to the Mutant and cannot get Sly News (FTA) or Sly Movies (301 up to 304) and Sly Sports 2,,, Sly sports 1, 3 and news are okay though.

The Mutant only has 1 tuner, and it is configured as single tuner 28 east, simple.

I will do a reflash see if that sorts it out. Is there anyway to download the wifi driver to usb and install from that - if not it is a case of unwiring it, and bringing it down stairs. I know its not a huge job, but all the wires are clipped..

I will update once reflashed.

FP.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    LNB could be faulty.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Flyingpig (04-01-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    LNB could be faulty.
    I thought about that, so changed the coax out put so it was off a known working LNB into the Mutant and put the one which may of been faulty into mY Xtrend and the one in the Xtrend works fine, and the mutant with another LNB is exactly the same.

Reflash I think,,,,,,