Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cable Channel Disaster

Title
    Thanks

Cable Channel Disaster

Hi,

I have recently gone from Sat to Cable and am finding the process a little difficult. I have two DVB-C tuners in slots C and D and I have a cable running from the wall to a 2 way splitter one end going in to my rooter and the other in to my box via the tuner in slot C. From here I have a loop through cable going from the tuner in slot C to to the tuner in slot D. I have used ABM to scan for my channels using NetID for my area and it finds 375 video and 37 radio channels. I then use EPGRefresh to get my EPG up to date. the problem is I can view certain channels like Sky Sports HQ HD and UKGOLD+1 but after a couple of minutes it stops and I have to change channels in order to work again while other channels like BT SPORTS 1 HD don't come on at all. I have tried to rescan but all I get is the same thing happen but on different channels!

I have used several cables and splitters and no joy. I am using the latest stable Vix Image 3.2 build 30.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
    J

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Going by some posts bythers, there may be some issues with the Gigablues and Cable.

Can you try image build version 015?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

jemalm (01-01-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have no such problem running cable channels with Vix 030 on my Quad+ i have just updated to Vix 032 and every thing is fine what cam are you using i find Mgcamd_1.38 works best on all my receivers

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have reverted back to 0.15 and things seem better although it did just freeze a moment ago but that might just be a random freeze! I'll give an update tomorrow after a few hours of watching and let you know how I'm getting on.

Thanks again for your help you're a legend.
    J

Title
    Thanks
    Hi nsw9154,

I'm using Mgcamd_1.35a as I was under the impression this was the most stable on Openvix?

Title
    Thanks
    So it seems that going back to 0.15 hasn't helped and I'm still getting channels randomly stopping after a few minutes or channels not clearing at all. I also tried Mgcamd_1.38 but still happening. I genuinely feel like I'm losing the battle! any other ideas of what I can try?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,052 Times in 7,638 Posts
    IMO most likely a signal issue, try an attenuator. Also try with no splitter use only one hybrid tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Arrrgghhh
    In some really undersubscribed areas you will get away with installing your own splitter
    In other areas you will need a powered splitter to get certain frequencies.
    Every time you split your signal you can be loosing upto 6db depending on how many ports your spitter has, it will tell you on the splitter.
    If Virgin splits your signal and it leaves your power levels low they will balance your power at the green box to compensate, you don't have the luxury of doing this.
    P.s. A good way to check is with everything connected check your modem power levels and see if you are failing to lock certain streams. Most people who have this problem can't achieve their full download speed.
    P.p.s. If you are certain your power levels are good, a dodgy cable or connector can also lead you to loose some channels whilst keeping others, only use high quality VM spec cable either with professionally fitted plugs or moulded plugs with f - rf adaptor plugs.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks
    Your situation is not unusual when not using a local card.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to timofee For This Useful Post:

rossi2000 (02-01-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for all your suggestions it's been greatly appreciated.

Sicilian it's funny you should say that as I was reading up last night about signals that are to strong causing problems so I ordered an attenuator. I can't not use a splitter as my BB is virgin so as there is only one cable coming in to the house for cable I would need to split it to use with the Gigablue too. This also makes me to think it might be to much signal as I have the 150mb service and I live in north London which is pretty close to Crystal Palace. I will follow up with an update when I receive the attenuator.

Thanks again everyone.
    J

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jemalm View Post
    Thank you for all your suggestions it's been greatly appreciated.

Sicilian it's funny you should say that as I was reading up last night about signals that are to strong causing problems so I ordered an attenuator. I can't not use a splitter as my BB is virgin so as there is only one cable coming in to the house for cable I would need to split it to use with the Gigablue too. This also makes me to think it might be to much signal as I have the 150mb service and I live in north London which is pretty close to Crystal Palace. I will follow up with an update when I receive the attenuator.

Thanks again everyone.
    J
    Why can't you use a splitter.? I and Most people do with no problem.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Ashley69,

I didn't say I can't use a splitter I said I can't not use a splitter although I should have said I have to use a splitter to avoid confusion.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jemalm View Post
    Hi Ashley69,

I didn't say I can't use a splitter I said I can't not use a splitter although I should have said I have to use a splitter to avoid confusion.
    That will teach me to read things correctly although I can see why I read it the wrong way if you read it to quickly.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    So after receiving my attenuator from Amazon (its a variable one) I plugged it in to the splitter and then ran a cable from it to the tuner. I double tapped the ok button on the remote control to get the SNR, AGC and BER readings for the channel giving me the most problems (which where reading SNR 99% AGC 99% BER 0%) I then turned the dial on the attenuator until the readings where around SNR 99% AGC 89% BER 0%. I have now had everything running perfectly for the last two days without even a single freeze! I guess the signal was far to strong and causing the channels to break up. Hope this helps anyone having the same problems.

Thanks again for all your help and advice.
    J

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jemalm For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (05-01-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Can you inform me which attenuator you purchased?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast