Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: xpeed lx2 shuts down

Title
    Thanks

xpeed lx2 shuts down

Hi guys I got my latest open vix image almost set up as I wanted it but I altered a setting in User Interface Position setup don't know what it was I did but now the box shuts down when I try to enter Position setup to try and fix it it just will not let me in there as soon as I click on it the box shuts down I have to reboot from the toggle switch at the rear. is there any way to fix this without reflashing I have just spent a couple of hours installing all I need kodi direct ect. and setting up my HDD and epg ect. and would hate to lose all my setting is there a telnet command to go back or reset position setup back to default .

also can I make a full copy of the image to put on usb pendrive to flash on another receiver thanks for any help you guys can give.

Title
    Thanks
    sounds like you may have mapped the remote to do this..its all i can think off..
    when box is on press each button on remote and see if or what button turns off box.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Mann thanks for the reply I have decided to reflash the box im half way to putting my settings on again but thanks anyway . perhaps you could advise on my other question ?

is there a way to back up the image so I can flash by usb to another xpeed lx2 so I have the same vix image on both ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You can backup the image using Image Manager.

Title
    Thanks
    will this give me an image that I can put on usb device and flash to another Lx2

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Yes. More details in teh Vix Manual. Ask if you get stuck.

Backup Manager:
    Creates and/or restores settings backup. You can setup a receiver how you like it. Flash another Vix image (as a separate prcoess), then restores the settings. Your preferances, bouquets, cam configs, tuner settings will be restoroed to how they were set up.

You can also restore settings between different receivers. For example someone has TM Nano OE and wants a multi tuner receiver and buys a Mutant 2400. Flash the Vix image on the Mutant (as a separate process) and restore the settings backup. Settings for everything that qualifies will be restored. E.g. Tuner A will be the same configuration, but Tuners B, C and D, will not have anything set as nothing was set for them when the settings backup was made on the the Nano which only has a single tuner. The preferances, bouquets, etc will be restored.

Image Manager:
    1.You can download an image from download server
    2.You can flash/install an image.
    3.You can create an image backup. Think of it as cloning the image. This can then be flashed/installed to the same make and model of receiver by USB or by Image Manager itself (process 2 above). When you flash/restore this image, it is an exact clone of the backup made.

Video guides here:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...p-and-Restores

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

TC1957 (21-12-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thankyou Abu just what I needed to know