Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Amazon Fire TV Utility App

Title
    Thanks

Amazon Fire TV Utility App

Amazon Fire TV Utility App is a great tool for installing kodi onto fire stick......

FTVapp.jpg

Upon launching the utility you will be asked to enter the IP address of your Amazon Fire TV.
    File,settings

i-rdPbZg3.jpg

Also I suggest you change the setting to show the status of your work in a COMMAND screen else you might do something and then not sure if it is really happened. I find it very useful to see whether the connection to the Amazon TV has started, has the backup completed and has the transfer of files from your PC to the Amazon TV gone through. So do choose the CMD Window Status as “Normal Debug Mode”

Then connect to your Amazon TV. You should check the CMD Window (basically a DOS window) to see the status.
    i-D22zLJd.jpg

We will then use this utility to sideload the APK into our Amazon TV. Follow the 3 steps in this picture: Do not close anything until the file has loaded

i-MJMQwKT-L.jpg

Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/yt.../FTV+v0.58.zip

How to run Kodi/XBMC (or other sideloaded apps) on the Fire TV Stick

Now you app should be loaded on your Fire TV Stick… but you won’t see it on the home screen. Here’s how you can find and launch it.

1. Scroll down to the Settings menu.

ftv-settings.jpg

2. Navigate to the Applications option and hit the select button.

Manage-Installed-Apps-1024x7681.jpg

3. Scroll down and select the entry that says “Manage All Installed Applications.”

4. Scroll down until you find the app you want to launch. Select it, and choose the option for “Launch application.”

Launch-Kodi-1024x7681.jpg

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kid_warrior For This Useful Post:

Ironside211 (12-02-16),john doe (08-12-15),roybach (05-12-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ..... or try adbFire

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (06-12-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Yep adb for me and you can set up llama or fire starter so there's no need to go into apps menu

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have done a number of these sticks and the methods just keep getting easier. Upload the Kodi app from your smartphone using - apps2ire. Or simpler still download Firestarter (which contains Kodi) to your smartphone and then upload that using apps2fire. Takes a couple of minutes. Also, Firestarter can be used to configure the home button on the remote - such as 1 click for Kodi - 2 clicks for Amazon home page.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I also believe in firestarter, there is the option for the stick/box to load up the amazon home page fist, and then it goes straight to kodi without pressing the home button at all ???
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest