Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Problems with IPTV

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: Problems with IPTV

Title
    Thanks

Problems with IPTV

Today tested latest Vix image 3.2.025 on my Vu+ Solo 2.

Problems with IPTV:

SERVICE 4097:0:1:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:rtmp://....... not working at all. Not playing programs. Recording too not working, because service not working.
    With old image 3.2.021 everything worked fine. Playing and recording worked fine.

#SERVICE 1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http://......
    Play program fine:
    History_03.jpg

But during recording picture become blurry, sound issues, record quality very poor:
    History_04.jpg

With 3.2.021 image during recording picture was normal and no problems with sound. Recording quality was very poor.

Enigma2-30-11-2015_12-36-35.log
    Last edited by rbaltutis; 30-11-15 at 13:54. Reason: Add log file

Title
    Thanks
    Found another problem:

Recording IPTV program SERVICE 4097....
    Record quality good, but when try rewind (skip ads), this function working incorrect. Something rewind (any direction) not working at all, sometimes working very slow.
    For sample try rewind program from 1:00 to 5:00 Press button " ->" and when time reach 5:00 press "OK" to stop rewind , but program play again from 1:00, sometimes from 4:45. Sometimes starts issues with sound (sound delay couple seconds).
    If try record and watch normal SAT program - everything working fine.
    Last edited by rbaltutis; 02-12-15 at 18:38.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    I also did some tests. Playing and recording of my http (ABC news) and rtmp streams (New York weather) worked. So it is no general problem that it is not working at all. Recording rtsp created 0 byte files. If a service is not playing at all how should recording work then? The new gstreamer is still work in progress and there might be streams and files which play not correctly.

I think I tested a newer image.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    VIX 3.2.027

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X16DDw5tTP8

First program - normal SAT TV program. You can see that everything working fine.
    Fast forward and rewind function working fine.

Second program - IPTV (http stream). You can see that Fast forward working just only 2 seconds intervals, even press button few times.
    Rewind function not working at all - (working as fast forward).

Found that when recording IPTV I receive files:
    *.stream
    *.streameit
    *.stream.meta

when recording normal SAT TV I receive:
    *.ts
    *.eit
    *.ts.ap
    *.ts.cuts
    *.ts.meta
    *.ts.sc

Old Vix images not recognize *.stream I renamed *.stream to *.ts and old images now recognize media files (recorded program). Now no problems with fast forward and rewind.

Old VIX images (I use Apollo 023) SAT TV and IPTV recording same:
    *.ts
    *.eit
    *.ts.ap
    *.ts.cuts
    *.ts.meta
    *.ts.sc

New VIX images (not sure from which version) when recording IPTV create *.STREAM, not *.TS files. And when play *.STREAM something working bad.

VIX Apollo 023
    (renamed *.stream to *.ts). Tested same programs as with Vix 3.2.027 (as on 1st youtube link).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIWmxLAEYCM

Title
    Thanks
    I have also the same issue.

Title
    Thanks
    With latest image 3.2.030 still same problems with Fast forward and rewind function...
    Vu+ Solo2
    Vix Apollo 023

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaltutis View Post

Found that when recording IPTV I receive files:
    *.stream
    *.streameit
    *.stream.meta

when recording normal SAT TV I receive:
    *.ts
    *.eit
    *.ts.ap
    *.ts.cuts
    *.ts.meta
    *.ts.sc

I renamed *.stream to *.ts and old images now recognize media files (recorded program). Now no problems with fast forward and rewind.
    Sorry for reviving an old thread but this is the first result that comes up when googling "openvix .stream .eit .meta" and not a lot of other info to be found

This issue still persisted in Openvix 5.3, recordings from IPTV type 4097 would be saved as *.eit, *.stream and *.stream.meta (looks like the extension in the ".streameit" was fixed along the way)

The files played fine but the annoying thing was the movie / recordings list wasn't showing the correct name, channel, description or current state (recording etc), just a long filename. Manually renaming the .stream and .stream.meta to .ts and .ts.meta made the correct info show up on movie planner and playback was still fine.

I found a workaround by modifying RecordTimer.py to force the .ts file extension during the timer record and it solved the problem.

To make the fix, backup /usr/lib/enigma2/python/RecordTimer.pyo before beginning and then download RecordTimer.py from the openvix sources on github and modify the following two lines:

Code:
    # Change line 383
    prep_res=self.record_service.prepare(self.Filename + self.record_service.getFilenameExtension(), self.begin, self.end, event_id, name.replace("\n", ""), description.replace("\n", ""), ' '.join(self.tags), bool(self.descramble), bool(self.record_ecm))

#to
    prep_res=self.record_service.prepare(self.Filename + ".ts", self.begin, self.end, event_id, name.replace("\n", ""), description.replace("\n", ""), ' '.join(self.tags), bool(self.descramble), bool(self.record_ecm))

#And change line 512
    open(self.Filename + self.record_service.getFilenameExtension(), "w").close()

#to
    open(self.Filename + ".ts", "w").close()
    I uploaded the modified file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/ and restarted the box - it compiled the newly uploaded RecordTimer.py into RecordTimer.pyo

Now it records as ts and saves ts, meta, eit and cuts files. Movie list displays correct name, description, recording state, progress etc instead of just long ugly filename.

The EIT filename is truncated by 3 chars though so no EIT used - but meta still displays fine - will figure out that one another day

Maybe someone can come up with a more complete fix inside NavigationInstance in the E2 sources at some future point but that's beyond my current knowledge - this quick fix did it for me. YMMV.

Just wanted to leave this here for any future searchers of the same issue who want a quick fix if they are comfortable editing the python files.
    Last edited by el_guapo; 15-07-20 at 17:08.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to el_guapo For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (15-07-20),Andy_Hazza (15-07-20),bbbuk (15-07-20),spanner123 (15-07-20),Willo3092 (15-07-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Sounds like el-guapo has solved a problem, will this be implemented in next release?

Title
    Thanks
    It works but it's more of a bodge than a permanent fix!

1. The eit file gets an incorrect filename when being written somewhere within the Navigationinstance recordService() function
    2. It might be the case that you don't always want .ts (it just happens that I do) filenames - so not perfect

Here is a bash script to correct the wrongly written eit filenames, I am just running it periodically.

Before: "20200716 1343 - Some channel - An example recordeit"
    After running script: "20200716 1343 - Some channel - An example recording.eit"

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

echo "Cleaning up 4097 eit"

find "/hdd/movie/" -name "*eit" ! -name "*.eit" -print0 | while read -d $'\0' file
    do

#Strip dir from filename
      fn=$(basename "$file")

#Strip off eit
      fn2=${fn::-3}

#create target filename to find
      fn3="${fn2}*ts.meta"

#Find the ts.meta version of this file
      fn4="$(find "/hdd/movie/" -name "$fn3" | head -n 1)"

#Strip off the .ts.meta
      fn5=${fn4::-8}

#Generate new filename
      fn6="$(basename "$fn5").eit"

echo "moving   $fn   to   $fn6"
      mv "/hdd/movie/$fn" "/hdd/movie/$fn6"

done

echo "Finished"
    No apologies for complete lack of error handling

Will dig around the NavigationInstance source files at some other point....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to el_guapo For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (16-07-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Here is the commit for introducing IPTV on E2.

Seems the files were .ts but code changed for the IPTV recording commit.

What are the pros/cons of each option (ie .ts or .stream)?

What I can see:

.ts:
    pros - better playback with rewind/fastforward
    neg - ?

.stream:
    pros - ?
    neg - ?

Someone able to maybe fill in the ? blanks?
    Last edited by bbbuk; 16-07-20 at 20:58.

Title
    Thanks
    Hello, This helped me out as I was having the problem with ff/rwd/skip on recorded IPTV. I couldn't quite get your rename files script to work for me but ended up simplifying it by running a daily cron with just ...

for f in /hdd/movie/*stream*; do mv "$f" "${f/stream/ts}";done

This seems to work and in its simplest form for me and just changes the "stream" in the file names to ts - this allows for the missing control on the file.

Obviously this is not the best way of doing - I didnt even start looking to amend the RecordTimer.py file but it seems the best way would be to fix it at source.

From the earlier comments is the amended RecordTimer file going to be included in a future release ?
    Last edited by Timmo65; 19-07-20 at 17:26.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmo65 View Post
    From the earlier comments is the amended RecordTimer file going to be included in a future release ?
    I doubt it.

Renaming won’t work in all cases!
    IPTV can be a ts stream or a mkv stream or whatever. I used .stream so that gstreamer is used to playback the recorded file. This should always work. Unfortunately Gstreamer is not the best option for rewind/fast forward.

If you rename the .stream file AND the file contains a ts stream, then E2 can playback the file like a normal recording.

If “only” rewind/fast forward is a problem, the users should use 1,3,4,6,7,9 keys. Yes, I know not every user wants to use it, but it works very good

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I doubt it.
    If “only” rewind/fast forward is a problem, the users should use 1,3,4,6,7,9 keys. Yes, I know not every user wants to use it, but it works very good

That's the problem - these dont work at all on a recorded file in .stream format.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el_guapo View Post
    Sorry for reviving an old thread but this is the first result that comes up when googling "openvix .stream .eit .meta" and not a lot of other info to be found

This issue still persisted in Openvix 5.3, recordings from IPTV type 4097 would be saved as *.eit, *.stream and *.stream.meta (looks like the extension in the ".streameit" was fixed along the way)

The files played fine but the annoying thing was the movie / recordings list wasn't showing the correct name, channel, description or current state (recording etc), just a long filename. Manually renaming the .stream and .stream.meta to .ts and .ts.meta made the correct info show up on movie planner and playback was still fine.

I found a workaround by modifying RecordTimer.py to force the .ts file extension during the timer record and it solved the problem.

To make the fix, backup /usr/lib/enigma2/python/RecordTimer.pyo before beginning and then download RecordTimer.py from the openvix sources on github and modify the following two lines:

Code:
    # Change line 383
    prep_res=self.record_service.prepare(self.Filename + self.record_service.getFilenameExtension(), self.begin, self.end, event_id, name.replace("\n", ""), description.replace("\n", ""), ' '.join(self.tags), bool(self.descramble), bool(self.record_ecm))

#to
    prep_res=self.record_service.prepare(self.Filename + ".ts", self.begin, self.end, event_id, name.replace("\n", ""), description.replace("\n", ""), ' '.join(self.tags), bool(self.descramble), bool(self.record_ecm))

#And change line 512
    open(self.Filename + self.record_service.getFilenameExtension(), "w").close()

#to
    open(self.Filename + ".ts", "w").close()
    I uploaded the modified file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/ and restarted the box - it compiled the newly uploaded RecordTimer.py into RecordTimer.pyo

Now it records as ts and saves ts, meta, eit and cuts files. Movie list displays correct name, description, recording state, progress etc instead of just long ugly filename.

The EIT filename is truncated by 3 chars though so no EIT used - but meta still displays fine - will figure out that one another day

Maybe someone can come up with a more complete fix inside NavigationInstance in the E2 sources at some future point but that's beyond my current knowledge - this quick fix did it for me. YMMV.

Just wanted to leave this here for any future searchers of the same issue who want a quick fix if they are comfortable editing the python files.

Thanks very much - rather than rename files after the event I went down this route and it seems to work just fine. Line numbers in the RecordTimer.py were slightly different but the fix works. I tried a timer record and I have 3 files a .ts a .ts.meta and a .ts.cuts - all good thanks.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Timmo65 For This Useful Post:

el_guapo (06-08-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi folks,

I installed iptv on my VU Solo 4k this evening. Seems fine but the video on demand section is behaving odd. When i play some movies they starting at the end and i can't see an obvious way to restart them. They work fine on iptv app on my tv. Is there a way to fast forward/rewind video on demand streams?

Thanks,
    Mick