Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Miraclebox premium mini sat tuner missing transponders when scanning

Title
    Thanks

Miraclebox premium mini sat tuner missing transponders when scanning

When I manually scan for all 28.2e channels sometimes it will pick up up a few hundred then next time say 700-800 but never does it pick up all the channels.
    Is this a tuner fault or software/tuner driver problem ?. The cable tuner side of things works brilliant. If its the image come drivers at fault then which is the best image to use ?, or is it a case of a buggered tuner,,, can they be replaced ?. I've been using Hades image if that helps

Title
    Thanks
    anyone ?

it's only so I know if this box is dead or can be sorted before I go and buy another combo type box

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Make sure the cabling and f-connectors are ok into your receiver. Then use ABM to get your channels. See how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    OK can someone please work this one out before I rip every hair off my body !

So I sells the box (Miraclebox Premium Mini) privately and the box comes back to me and the buyer says the sat tuner is faulty the cable was fine, the problem is with the sat tuner only. I had flashed it with the latest Hades 018 before mailing it to him and manually scanned 28.2e and checked a few channels it and it was working fine .

When the buyer got the box he tried he plugged it in and he emailed me saying a few channels said "tune failed" even though these same channels worked at home mine. When I had it and used it in my living room I set up with USALS for my motorised dish and never had a problem so when I re-flashed it I made sure I changed the tuner config to simple + 28.2e "then scanned" .

When I got it back it from the buyer I put it as it was back on my TV and motor dish just sat pointing 28.2e and the Miraclebox also said for me "tune failed". The buyer had tried scanning as well but he got the tune failed message so he tried loading "RATS" plugin but still the same. So we both thought it was faulty and I have just recieved it back and on a few channels I get "tune failed"

till

I re-flashed it with a backup "Openvix" Apollo build 153 using USALS , , it was an old one March 2015 but worked fine for me and hey presto it works and all those missing sat channels/transponders work fine. When I selected CH5 from the 28.2e bouquet (USALS) I got the sat moving symbol in the top corner showing it so called moving but my dish was already set to 28.2e.

Can someone please explain why ?. This scenario has happened on other 2 peoples static dishes.

The only theory I have is, the tuner seems to remember I'm on USALS and doesn't understand it's changed to a static 28.2e dish and even though I reset the tuner config to simple 28.2 it still thinks its on USALS . Crazy theory but I wanted to sell the box but it just comes back to me

why ?
    or is HADES 018 onwards have tuner driver issues were as the older Firmware don't ?
    I am mystified so any help will be greatly appreciated

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    When you scan, make sure you have an up to date satellites.xml file. This is what is consulted with regards to which transponders to scan. If a transponder is not listed it will not be scanned.

ABM and AB 28.2 do not use the file and get data directly from the satellite.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    When you scan, make sure you have an up to date satellites.xml file. This is what is consulted with regards to which transponders to scan. If a transponder is not listed it will not be scanned.

ABM and AB 28.2 do not use the file and get data directly from the satellite.
    Thanks for the reply , does the latest Hades images (018) carry the latest sat xml's within the image ?, because the Hades image straight from from a fresh install then 28.2e scan failed on some transponders i.e;- ch5 but when I flashed the box with an Apollo Build 153 drivers 2015-01-15 backup image it just fired up no transponders missing all channels showing

Title
    Thanks
    Old images won't take in changes made afterwards. You will have to manually update the xml files if you want to use the older images.

Normally what happens is thayt files are updated on the server, when an image is built, they get incporporated into them. As you are using older images, there are no build/updates to them so this won't happen.

The xml files is only used for validating positiions of satellites and scanning. It is not used for tuning at all.

Title
    Thanks
    This is what I found;

My old backup Apollo build 153 worked and works perfect and all channels and transponders work fine. When I manually scan 28.2e all 940 + channels are found,

The latest OpenATV image works fine and all channels on both sat and cable work fine and when I manually scan 28.2e every channel is found over 940,

When I flash it with the latest Hades and manually scan on 28.2e I will get different conflicting numbers each time I scan. The last scan showed 665 channels were as OpenATV found 940 channels 275 channels less. On some channels it will also give the;- "TUNE FAILED" message.
    please dont ask me why it just does.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Hades isn't the latest image.

Title
    Thanks
    Ah right so, the Hades is not for the Miraclebox Premium Mini ?

Which image would you say is the latest and best official image I should use for my premium mini ?
    thanks
    Last edited by specialized; 29-11-15 at 15:46.

Title
    Thanks
    Hades is for the Mini. But it is a dead image now.

Latest OpenVix images are on
    http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/

At the time of writing, it is
    Version Type: 3.2. (Apollo, Zeus, Hades, 2.3 are old/dead versions)
    Build Number: 025

Title
    Thanks
    Would there be any reason why, that when I've flashed the Miraclebox with the very latest openvix 3 2 025 set up on a standard sky dish it would not be able to pick up certain transponders and channels when manually searching but the same dish doesn't have a problem with a openbox or a skybox.
    but
    When I put the Miraclebox with openvix 3 2 025 on a motorised set up with a 1m dish and a 4 way lnb but the Miraclebox set to simple fixed 28.2e not USALS in settings it picks up all the transponders without a problem ?. This has happened on , not one but two other peoples standard sky dishes.

Title
    Thanks
    signal strength?
    i would assume that the signal comes in stronger on a 1m motorized dish than (i assume) smaller fixed dish.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stein View Post
    signal strength?
    i would assume that the signal comes in stronger on a 1m motorized dish than (i assume) smaller fixed dish.

You might be onto something with that, I will take the Miraclebox across to a friend who has a standard sky dish and see what happens. I run a 1m motorised set up so...... could be that. Can anyone confirm this might be the case that a motorised system will give a stronger signal strength rather compared to a standard sky dish ?