Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Tutorial for Installing Kodi on Android System

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts

Tutorial for Installing Kodi on Android System

This tutorial is only for a kodi build installation.. Im not going to cover how to install the kodi apk on any box or device.. But google is your friend..

Open your Freshly installed Blank Kodi or SPMC.. ( I find SPMC more stable than Kodi )
    Highlight System > Press Down Arrow > File Manager > OK..
    Add Source > OK..
    OK Again > Now Enter the Wizard URL : http:// xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx.. > Click Done
    Press Down Arrow to Highlight bottom box
    Type the name of the wizard : wookie / kobra etc etc etc
    Click Done > Press down to highlight OK and Press OK button
    Press Back button until back on Kodi home screen
    System > Addons > Install from Zip > Highlight the name that you entered as above and OK
    Highlight " wizard " > OK
    Highlight .zip file > OK
    After 20-30 seconds you will see in the bottom right corner " XXXXX wizard - addon enabled
    Press back button until back on Kodi home screen
    Programs > Program Addons > XXXXX wizard > OK
    Highlight the build you want ti install and press OK
    Now you will see the progress bar move across the screen
    Wait until its finished and a message appears on the screen
    Android Users - ie MX range - Android Tablet etc etc etc :
    Remove power cable from your box > After a few seconds insert it again
    Amazon Fire Box and Fire Stick Users :
    Press and HOLD your HOME button until you see a small menu appear on the screen > Select Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi / SPMC > Force Stop > Launch Application

Wookie Users : Allow 5 mins for all updates to take place and your now good to go.
    Kobra Users : Again.. Allow 5 mins for all the updates to be done.. As this is a skin and repo only build you now have to choose the addons you wish to use. Very easily done.
    Just click on your desired addon.. and you will be asked do you want to install XXXXXXX
    Select yes and allow 5 seconds to install..
    Repeat this for each addon you wish to install..
    Your now good to go..

Any questions.. Please just post below and i will do what i can to answer..

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (24-11-15),scouse645 (24-11-15),twol (25-11-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Brilliant m8 thank you and appreciated
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bazzer For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (24-11-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for this mister - very comprehensive. I have installed Kobra just need to have a play.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Such a shame people need to use wizards instead of learning about the very thing they are using. I've enjoyed building Kodi from scratch (without any wizard) and learning the wonders it holds (there is a wonderful community out there waiting to assist you on your learning curve), just as I've enjoyed learning and harnessing Vix from a wonderful community right here. Each to their own of course and I'm not knocking people who can't manage without a wizard, I just feel there is more knowledge and fun to be had out there if folks attempted these things for themselves. I know I'll get hammered for my views, but they are just that, the views of one individual, and I hope you guys can appreciate that, just as I appreciate Mr. Mister's efforts to help others starting out on the Kodi road. Good luck one and all.

FWIW my Android box came with a Kodi wizard which I immediately uninstalled and began building my own repos etc from scratch.
    Last edited by robsunited; 25-11-15 at 01:21.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to robsunited For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (25-11-15)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi robunited..
    As im sure you know.. These wizards are a very new concept.. I think the 1st one was actuially by black kodi..
    And then they started popping up all over the place..
    You are exactly right.. Before the wizards.. We all had to install each addon manually.. and then incorparate it into the skin you choose after that..
    Good old days.. lol.. Its just like everything else.. Times move on an things become alot easier..

Which is why we have the sudden surge in kodi users.. and prolly why the genesis addon is now not the best.. ie .. Sheer number of users now using kodi..

You dont have to go back that far to remember when genesis was fantastic..
    Last edited by Mr. Mister; 25-11-15 at 10:22.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

robsunited (25-11-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Morning robsunited when I first got my firestick I installed Kodi and yes I got most addons to work all except 3d so I decided to try the forums to see if there was answer to why it would not work and I am afraid I am no wizard with technology.So I decided to try a few wizards just to see if I could get the 3d to work ie The Beast but they would still not work. Since I have installed Kobra they all work and I thank Mr Mister for that. I am afraid I am one who just likes the things I have to work properly without too much hassle.
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bazzer For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (25-11-15),robsunited (25-11-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @Mr. Mister and @Bazzer. Good morning guys and thanks for understanding.

I think it's the loss (or I would imagine soon to be loss) of Genesis that has led to my feelings on the subject. The community I mentioned in my original posting has been a huge source of my Kodi entertainment etc but unfortunately those less knowledgeable folks buying pre-loaded boxes with little or no support from the seller has led to some of the devs of these superb addons taking a lot of flak elsewhere when things don't go according to plan. At least one very well known dev has effectively pulled the plug on what was probably the best addon out there by a long shot.

@Bazzer. Definitely see your reason for installing Kobra BUT then again you aren't one of the less knowledgeable I allude to above. It's the folks who just expect everything to work 100% all the time and then attack the devs when that doesn't happen who are putting the strain on the guys bringing us our repos / addons to begin with.

Again, thank you both for taking the time to read through my posting AND a HUGE thank you for understanding.

Good luck with your tutorials Mr. Mister and good luck with Kobra Bazzer

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robsunited For This Useful Post:

Bazzer (25-11-15),Mr. Mister (25-11-15)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Rob..

I totally 100% agree with you on the genesis addon.. It was simple superb.. And you cant blame the devs for this situation they are in now.. Hell.. We would probably do the same ourselves if we were in this situation.. I really hope that they stick with it.. and sort out the few issues they have..

It IS very unfair that its the devs who take the flack.. When its nothing to do with them.. As you say.. Sellers of fully loaded boxes and sticks.. who promise you the earth when they wanting your money.. But when you have a problem.. they dont want to know.. Sites are full of posts like this..

Kodi is defo not for the armchair tv watcher.. Updates and new addons appear every day.. For instance.. The Royal We appeared yesterday i think.. also.. a very cool addon.. Things change so much and so fast.. You defo need some knowledge to keep on top of everything..

I do like to try as many new addons as possible.. If its good.. then ill keep it.. If its not what im looking for .. then i just delete it again.. I have seen days where i would try between 5 and 8 new addons in a day.. Most.. Not up to much.. But some new ones do appear on a daily basis..

Here is a very useful link for any user who wants to learn more on how to install any addon on any set up they have.. They have pretty much everything covered.. in a complete step-by-step process..

Code:
    https://seo-michael.co.uk/
    If you cant follow these tutorials.. then you defo shouldn`t have nothing to do with any device that is kodi compatable.. lol
    Last edited by Mr. Mister; 25-11-15 at 11:51.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

robsunited (25-11-15),scouse645 (25-11-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    Hi Rob..

I totally 100% agree with you on the genesis addon.. It was simple superb.. And you cant blame the devs for this situation they are in now.. Hell.. We would probably do the same ourselves if we were in this situation.. I really hope that they stick with it.. and sort out the few issues they have..

It IS very unfair that its the devs who take the flack.. When its nothing to do with them.. As you say.. Sellers of fully loaded boxes and sticks.. who promise you the earth when they wanting your money.. But when you have a problem.. they dont want to know.. Sites are full of posts like this..

Kodi is defo not for the armchair tv watcher.. Updates and new addons appear every day.. For instance.. The Royal We appeared yesterday i think.. also.. a very cool addon.. Things change so much and so fast.. You defo need some knowledge to keep on top of everything..

I do like to try as many new addons as possible.. If its good.. then ill keep it.. If its not what im looking for .. then i just delete it again.. I have seen days where i would try between 5 and 8 new addons in a day.. Most.. Not up to much.. But some new ones do appear on a daily basis..

Here is a very useful link for any user who wants to learn more on how to install any addon on any set up they have.. They have pretty much everything covered.. in a complete step-by-step process..

Code:
    https://seo-michael.co.uk/
    If you cant follow these tutorials.. then you defo shouldn`t have nothing to do with any device that is kodi compatable.. lol
    Excellent post Mr. Mister!!!!!!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robsunited For This Useful Post:

Bazzer (25-11-15),Mr. Mister (25-11-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If this is not allowed then please delete. I have 3 Amazon Fire to box,s & M8 Tv box. This took me hours if no days to keep them updated until I saw on eBay ******************/sticks, M8 tv boxes, and computers by ********. I have been using this now for nearly 6 months updating all my devices within 30 minutes. This Person has over 3500 customers using his servers to update there devices and have found nothing to come close what he has to offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mr. Mister; 25-11-15 at 12:47.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi blu-ray.. I have removed the title.. and the sellers name.. for obvious reasons..

I have saw 1 of these working.. and yes.. it does all you said it does.. But.. You still have to do a download of kodi with everything pre-installed for ye..

It defo should not take hours to update your addons.. It should take a few mins for each one max..

But again.. Everyone should be updating their own.. and then kodi may not be in the situation it finds itself in now with the like of the genesis addon..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

robsunited (25-11-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I need some advise please do all the addons update automatically or do you have to do it manually. The reason I ask is that I use Genesis to watch all my series and after a while the streams do not seem to work and I end up having to switch the Firestick off and back on again . I am using Kobra which I am very happy with and only have a few addons installed is it a cache issue or anyone have any ideas to get the streams to work better .
    Many Thanks
    Bazzer

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Addon should update automatically but streams down will occurr

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

Bazzer (07-12-15)

Title
    Thanks
    hi just wonder if you have got any software or now to update the xbmc on an evo xfinity box so i can change it to run kodi. thanks regards tony..