Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Background Check

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Background Check

Hi all, Still suffering crashes at infrequent intervals , updated to Vix 3.2.015 with no noticeable improvement at all . Is anyone able to explain why I get the message " A background update check is in progress* ? I have automatic software update disabled. I am unable to FTP , download Plugins or do a Settings restore while this mysterious check is going on.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roybach View Post
    Hi all, Still suffering crashes at infrequent intervals , updated to Vix 3.2.015 with no noticeable improvement at all . Is anyone able to explain why I get the message " A background update check is in progress* ? I have automatic software update disabled. I am unable to FTP , download Plugins or do a Settings restore while this mysterious check is going on.
    There is no such thing as a automatic software update on ViX and there never has been nor will there ever be. There is however a update check that simply pings the server to see if a update is available then notify's the user accordingly.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Larry-G, thanks for the response , sounds like you know something about the subject . Enclose three pictures for your perusal and hopefully you may offer some explanation as to the cause of the error messages. P1010463.jpgP1010464.jpgP1010465.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    I got this error once so far after flashing build 15 couple days ago. I'm guessing because someone mentioned the site will be up and down at the moment?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Turned on the box just now and was looking through my recorded programs, exited this to go back to live tv and the error screen appeared same as Roybach and his screen shots. Any ideas what this is about and whether to be concerned?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I don't think that the Vix team know the answer , over the last couple of weeks I have sent log files and also made posts here but have failed to get any positive response from anyone , there are other posters on the forum with the same problem with other makes of boxes . I am personally suspecting a virus has infected Vix as it appears that when users including myself revert to an earlier Image that worked the same errors are still present , just as if the problem is now resident in the STB's memory. I even contacted Golden Interstar in Germany asking if they could inform me of a means of wiping the LX2 clean , they suggested re loading the Boot Loader which I tried without achieving anything, the problem remains.

Title
    Thanks
    Possibly. Also, I have done about 4 usb flashes and the front display of the Vu+ Duo2 shows progress info and percentage etc smoothly and completes. The last flash for build 15 I this time used the download image to hard drive method and noticed that the onscreen progress mentioned 5 bad blocks but normal. I know this can be normal for bad blocks for memory and drives but this extra info shown does make me wonder...

Title
    Thanks
    Saw an older post and the bad blocks should be ok if it stays the same. Would still like to know whats causing the error message though....

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roybach View Post
    I don't think that the Vix team know the answer , over the last couple of weeks I have sent log files and also made posts here but have failed to get any positive response from anyone , there are other posters on the forum with the same problem with other makes of boxes . I am personally suspecting a virus has infected Vix as it appears that when users including myself revert to an earlier Image that worked the same errors are still present , just as if the problem is now resident in the STB's memory. I even contacted Golden Interstar in Germany asking if they could inform me of a means of wiping the LX2 clean , they suggested re loading the Boot Loader which I tried without achieving anything, the problem remains.
    wow, just wow.

so because no one came along to wipe your arse for you in a timely fashion, your now trying to accuse ViX of being infected with a virus ?. seriously dude go sit under the stairs with your tin foil hat on.

Maybe no one answered you because the same question has been asked and answered many dozens of times over several years. and no just because your box says it has a background check in progress does not mean its infected with a virus. Jesus H Christ your a moron.
    Last edited by Larry-G; 24-10-15 at 12:31.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lxt1024 View Post
    Saw an older post and the bad blocks should be ok if it stays the same. Would still like to know whats causing the error message though....

It's not a error message, its just a totally different way of flashing the box to using a USB stick and nothing at all to be worried about.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the personal reply Larry-G , as a beta tester you are a credit to the Vix team.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to roybach For This Useful Post:

Rob van der Does (24-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Most people attach their logs to thread with their issue.

There are others who send their logs from the receiver, but also post their problem on the forum with a full descrtiption. They also quote the reference number that is given when the logs are submitted.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have done/ tried all means available abu baniaz ,and have also had a reference number given with the proviso to quote if I had any questions regarding the errors , I was not aware that I needed to follow up from my end so to speak . I took it upon myself to wait for support to respond if and when they had an answer, otherwise I could possibly be rudely flamed for my impatience .

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Where is the log attached?
    Where did you post the reference numbers?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Logs sent using the link as advised by yourself abu on 13/10/15 -post 2 " LX2 Driving me nuts" . I Enclose the latest log for perusal . Sorry , but I didn't post the reference number anywhere , I just received it after the aforementioned.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast