Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LX2 driving me nuts

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

LX2 driving me nuts

Hi all,
    My LX2 has lately been giving me a lot of grief and have spent hours upon hours re flashing and trying different mg_cfg files
    Problem 1. Mg camd 138.has to be restarted manually each time I change channels.
    Problem 2.Large error message comes up on screen "Online Version Check Error {failure instance:traceback" and so on and on .
    anyone out there that can shed some light on these problems I would be grateful
    I have literally spent hours /days re flashing different images via USB and reconfiguring setup, but always end up with the same problems and to boot the inbuilt facility for the sending of logs to W.O.S. doesn't seem to work either, or at least
    I don't receive a copy as configured ,and neither do I receive a response from W.O.S.
    The possibility of the LX2 going in the naughty cupboard is drawing closer.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    1. You can try these configs.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post312719

Perhaps it would be better for you to uplaod your logs to yout thread?

Please take the time to read the following:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the response abu baniaz, all noted, I have downloaded the files as suggested and the only difference between those and the ones I have been using is this bit "_INCOMING PORT=2100 " .
    Have reflashed again this morning and have only completed the basics like setting the Network etc. without any other configuration whatsoever and had an error message on doing a reboot P1010462.jpg. I also found some other anomalies where I couldn't FTP or download Plugins , on screen a message would flash about some automatic update search already running in the background. I think it could be a hardware fault rather than software. Flashing chip breakdown maybe.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    It's not a hardware fault. Re-download & re-flash the image.
    Something wrong with your install, files missing.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Judge, Did as you suggested even using a different flash drive in case of problems with a corrupted flash drive and all went well until I installed the AB 28e plugin and went to use it, and at that point it went stupid again and I wasn't able to download Plugins or FTP using Filezilla (have noticed other posts on here today relating to similar problems using the latest Vix image) as something else was running in the background. So reflashed again and have installed the Softcam from plugins and none other , used the files suggested by abu baniaz in my Softcam setup and all seems stable at the moment. thanks both for your input. I shall post if things go potty again.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Nah! same errors " Sorry you have encountered software errors blah blah needs to restart Blah Blah" going to flash with Hades 011 as a last resort. I'm going crazy , wife going crazy.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Here is a screenshot as it now is before I do a re flash for the last time,1_0_1_12C5_7E9_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    A crash log of the 'blah blah' might give an idea of what's causing your issues.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    No real point posting that you have encountered a crash if your not bothering to also upload the corresponding crash log, otherwise were all just guessing as to the route cause and that helps no one not least you.

Reflash the receiver with a clean image then setup WITHOUT any backup's restored and keep the amount of external plugins you introduce to the image to a bare minimum. you need to list in exact steps what you did to cause the crash and ALL plugins you added your self be they from the feeds or else where. and most importantly you must include both crash logs and debug logs otherwise we simply cant help you.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Which image are you using? Last image in the Hades range was 018.

Latest image is 3.2 010.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Updated every Vix image that has become available since purchase, the last 3.2.010. being installed via USB flash . Original problem was Mgcamd dropping out during channel change which started at around update to Hades 018. Recently while using the Vix 3.2.* images I started to get these Error messages with the mandatory reboot automatically following. Many instances of Re flashing Vix 3.2.10 has not resolved either problem. When I could access the error logs I sent them to W.O.S. using the inbuilt "send log to W.O.S. which transpires to not have worked. I couldn't access any logs due to not being able to FTP. I have now today re flashed with Vix Hades 011, a purely random choice born out of desperation and find that it has resolved the issue with "Sorry blah blah" error message/reboot but still suffering the original Mgcamd problem . Thanks everybody for your input.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Something wrong with the cam or config files so.
    Where did you get them from & what version are you using?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Tried a few different ones having received the same advice as yours from others, the latest are ones from a link supplied by abu which hasn't cured the problem, the Softcam in use is V1.38 downloaded from the Plugins but at the time of when the problem first materialised I had been using V1.35.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Update - old problems still there despite flashing Hades 011, convinced that it's a box problem , after all the time I've spent trying to resolve these problems I'm calling it a day , sent log x2 via s.t.w.. Spiderbox get ready.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi m8 this is something you might try when ever we are advised to flash via USB I always flash the box has thou it is new. I follow the instructions how to set up a new box and I do one thing at a time and make sure it is working before I go any further. I know you can flash with settings restore but for my own peace of mind I prefare to do it from scratch. Two reasons I have learnt a lot doing it this way and I know when I have done it will be working has I want it to .
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast