Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Spiderbox 9000HD glitching

Title
    Thanks

Spiderbox 9000HD glitching

Hi

I have a Spiderbox 9000HD and it was working fine before I had to go away urgently now i'm back turned it on and I notice all the channelsare glitching as in stop start same with the Audio. I have done a new basic channel download but to no avail. I'm fairly new to this as when I bought the box it came with a gift so I guess it's run out.can some-one guide me in the right direction to getting this up running summat like again i'e I assume I need a channel list. do I not just do a fresh down load or have things changed ???
    your help would be much Appreciated

Title
    Thanks
    Is the problem only with subscription channels or on FTA channels too? If subscription only then the problem is likely due to your 'gift', which cannot be discussed on here. If it is happening on FTA as well, more info would be useful - what satellite you are receiving, what your signal levels are like and what image you are running..........

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Thanks for getting back to me
    I have a 1Metre motorised dish . on 13.0E Hotbird signal strength is 82% Quality is 90% both Scrambled and FTA are doing the same
    Astra 19E Strength 79% Quality is 80-82% same on S and FTA
    Astra 28.2 Strength is 72% and Quality 80%plussome channels that are supposed to be film channels as in Sly Thriller are showing the challenge channel Same on Both FTA ANd Scrambled
    Thor 3/5 (0.8W)S 68% Q 65% same on both S and FTA
    Hispasat 30W S 72% Quality 84% same again on both FTA and Scrambled
    am I right to assume I need a new channel list or something as it still does the same if I clear all channels and do a fresh search on the sats

Title
    Thanks
    Well it looks like your signal levels are fine, although some sats are lower in strength than i would have expected with a 1M dish - perhaps the dish has moved a little with bad weather? I doubt a new channel list will sort your problem as a full re-scan should bring back any channels which have moved or been replaced.
    Just out of interest, did you switch the receiver off at the wall while you were away? It is possible that there is a power supply fault which can cause this sort of issue (i have had the exact problem with 2 Fortec Star receivers i own). The capacitors dry out with heat and time and when the receiver is off and cold, they cease to function - a quick test (if you don't mind taking the top off) is to heat the PSU area with a hairdryer for 2 or 3 minutes (WITH THE MAINS DISCONNECTED for safety), then plug in and give it another try. If that sorts your problem then you will need to get the box repaired.