Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Enable FTP

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Enable FTP

Hi all, LX2 running Hades 018 , Can't enable FTP using Menu>System>Network> FTP Setup, "current status =stopped" press green button "enable" and nothing happens! Was all working before upgrading which was a re-upgrade as having lost some Plugins following the initial upgrade. Network wizard/Network Test shows Lan connected . Filezilla and other FTP software won't connect. Can Telnet from my PC

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Didn't get any feedback so yet another re flash carried out , got my FTP working but have lost some plugins again =doooh! Wish these Linux boxes would behave themselves , nearly had my trusty Spiderbox back up in use at least it doesn't give me headaches

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You are not helping yourself with your description. What do you mean by "upgrade" and "re-upgrade" You dont have to enable ftp, it should just work.

We have a set layout on how to ask for support, it is described in this thread.

People can:

1. Perform an online update.
    We would need to know what image they were on before and what image they are on now. What plugins (if any) they have installed.

2a. Flash an image by USB. Do not perform a settings restore. Do not perform a plugins restore.
    We would need to know what image they are on now. What plugins (if any) they have installed.

2b. Flash an image by USB. Perform a settings restore. Do not perform a plugins restore.
    We would need to know what image they are on now. What plugins (if any) they have installed.

2c. Flash an image by USB. Perform a settings restore. Perform a plugins restore.

3a. Flash an image using Image Manager. Do not perform a settings restore. Do not perform a plugins restore.

3b. Flash an image using Image Manager. Perform a settings restore. Do not perform a plugins restore.

3c. Flash an image using Image Manager. Perform a settings restore. Perform a plugins restore

Use of the word "latest" is pointless. Say name and number of image (as you have done)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roybach View Post
    Didn't get any feedback so yet another re flash carried out , got my FTP working but have lost some plugins again =doooh! Wish these Linux boxes would behave themselves , nearly had my trusty Spiderbox back up in use at least it doesn't give me headaches
    also do you use the right password and username when logining in

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    also do you use the right password and username when logining in
    I wasn't aware that it was possible to log in with anything other than the right password and username , admittedly having to change the password every so often does cause confusion this end, I rely mostly on the "remember me" facility.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Abu baniaz , Sorry for not being clear in my posting , indeed what I should have written was "update" and not "upgrade", in reality what I did due to having lost a plugin for 28 e (forget what the correct label was) when I updated to Hades 018,
    I restored Hades 016 using Backup Manager which re installed the missing Plugin but caused the problem with my FTP not active as described in my first post. I then carried out (2a) Flash Hades 018 by USB but again lost the fore mentioned plugin. What I was looking for was how to restore the plugins and from where ? The plugin I was looking for isn't available in the "Add Plugins" . Thanks for replying.