Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: [FYI]: Slight service name issue with regional variations of Picons

Title
    Thanks

[FYI]: Slight service name issue with regional variations of Picons

I have just written myself a programme to convert service reference picon names to service name picon names. I know there's a plugin, but I like to manage all my picons in windows, because whilst the boxes support the SNP, the utilities like dreamboxEDIT etc... don't. So I knocked up one in C# the other day.

The problem showed itself when trying to rename the ITV channels, specifically ITV Granada and ITV Granada +1 (which is actually called ITV +1 Granada). If you look at the service reference for ITV Granada, it is 1_0_1_2760_7FC_2_11A0000_0_0_0 according to dreamboxEDIT. If you look in lamedb, that service reference is for ITV (2760:011a0000:07fc:0002:1:0), not ITV Granada, in fact, ITV Granada doesn't exist in lamedb, except for ITV Granada HD.

So when you pull the references from lamedb to use to create the service name, it pulls ITV, which of course doesn't match the actual channel name that the box displays, which is ITV Granada. Having now changed the names to itvgranada, itvgranadahd and itvplus1granada, they now show up. This probably won't affect many people, but I just thought I would pass on the information I've found whilst writing this programme. I will add my own regional variation string to cater for these channels, not sure how that can be reflected in the box plugins, and I don't know enough about Python to even begin to work it out.

What's weird, is that ITV Granada HD has its own reference. Anyway, this is purely an FYI post for anyone with similar regional variation quirks with their SNPs, nothing more.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Those names are added in ABM so people can switch to other regions more easily. If you have SNPicons you just need to add symlinks.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post364895
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

LeeC22 (20-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the link, but it's no problem adding the code in my programme to cater for those channels, there's only three of them. The symlink option is just one more on-the-box setting that I will have to remember when I flash the box next, which I'll no doubt forget, so I prefer to do it in windows.