Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 3g modem manager

Title
    Thanks

3g modem manager

hi all,

im thinking about using a 3g usb modem for my duo2 rather than my isp, anyone gone down this route ?

I've read very little data (under 1gb) gets communicated back to my official card sub, just wondering whether 3g latency will play issue for freezing or glitching ?

i believe crossepg uses the sat dish ? dont use any other plugins kodi /xbmc etc and updates as and when required i can just do via usb

already installed the 3/4g data manager and will dig out a few old usb sticks to try but wonder if any of you had some experiences to share

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    3G is fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

mobileman (09-08-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had a T-mobile 3G Dongle and a little Router i never seemed to get any positive results,
    i now use the following whilst away in my Touring Caravan EE 4G Osprey which connects to my VU Plus Solo SE by means of Wireless Connection
    which is very good.

Vu+UNO 4K SE [OE-Alliance-4.4 Firmware 5.4-010-Build Oscam-r11693-798][with keys]
    Vu+DUO 2 [OE-Alliance-4.4 Firmware 5.4-003-Build Oscam-r11572-798][with keys]
    Vu+SOLO 2 [OE-Alliance-4.3 Firmware 5.3-039-Build MGcamd]
    Vu+SOLO SE [OE-Alliance-4.4 Firmware 5.4-003-Build MGcamd]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ^^COMPASS^^ For This Useful Post:

mobileman (09-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    im digging this old thread cause i wanted to ask, where do i get the "3/4g data manager" ??