Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Tuner failure?

Title
    Thanks

Tuner failure?

Hi guys,

Bought an LX3 from the sponsor less than a year ago. Over the weekkend I noticed that Tuner A (dvb-s2) would not move my motor. So far Ive tried the following to diagnose the fault:

1, Reflash and setup from scratch. No joy. No picture or motor movement from bouquet change or satfinder

2, plug VU duo into motor feed to check motor. Motor moves fine and gets signal so motor is ok.

3, Disabled all tuners apart from tuner A and attempt dish move. Again, nothing displayed and no dish movement

4, plugged motor feed into tuner B (second dvb-s2).Result motor moves fine and picture is displayed

5, Plugged fixed 28.2 dish into tuner A and disabled all other tuners. Again, no picture displayed.

After all that, im fairly sure the tuner is dead. Anyone got any other ideas of things to try?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Supa

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    If tuner B is moving the motor, set tuner A to "equal to tuner B". Then plug the motor feed in tuner A. That way you will know it is not an error in your tuner config.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi buddy, ill give that a go however tuner A was working perfectly before and nothing on the config side changed before it stopped working. Thanks for your suggestion though, its another thing to try

Title
    Thanks
    Just to close this one off, fault was found with the tuner and it has been sent for repair.

Title
    Thanks
    who fixed the tuner issue?

Strange because my tuner A has also just failed on my LX3 after about a year