Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Damn Snow

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts

Damn Snow

We had a inch of snow last night when i went to bed.. around 2.30am.. Got up this morning at 7 as normal only to find we had another foot of snow over night..

Most people would say.. great But i live 500 yards from our wee town and there is a hill to go up to get out and a hill to go up to get back in home again..

There are only 2 other houses on our road and the council say its not priority as not enough traffic on the road to grit it.. Well.. May not be priortiy for them.. Bit i got a 1 year old daughter and a wife thats 6 month pregnant.. Now to me.. thats priority..

I am so fed up with this government.. thats they are really starting to feck me off..

They can go and spend gizillions on some 2 bit shite computer system for the NHS that was never ever gonna work in the 1st place.. and it would take a tenner to grit my road to allow me to use my car..

Agghh.. The more i talk about it.. the more i get fecking angry..
    Last edited by Mr. Mister; 17-12-10 at 17:42.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

irishchris (21-12-10),pooface (17-12-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    mate i'm n the same boat i live in a quite area and its never gritted they ont gritt it never have done

btw congrats
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Snow? no problem for me
    I have 1992 Ford Sierra 3dr modified with a 2.3 16V engine and equiped with 4x4.

BTW, I bet they would clear your road if you were an asylum seeker!!!!!
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    LOL @ MR mister.
    i work for the council the gritter drivers are very goopd friends of mine and i still cant get my road gritted. during the bout of snow we had 2 weeks ago we had over a meter and the ice is still here from then.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Yup, totally agree...

What about the Queen's roads round all her palaces and everything?! Bet they're all gritted day and night!

Also makes me laugh (coming back to NHS), how they go in to work wearing their uniform. The same uniform they've come in on the bus in. The same uniform that has sat on a seat in the bus that a kid probably puked up on and was never properly cleaned, so has loads of bacteria etc on. Then, they walk in to hospital, and all those germs then run free round there.

How hard would it be for them to have the clothes washed at the hospital and change when they get there. Would be a lot more hygienic and probably save loads more without having to treat for infections etc that people get because of all this...

Then, there's the great doctors who turn round and tell you it's just a cold, go away stop wasting our time, for you to then get pneumonia within a week and need lots more treatment etc.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    can i add i agree with you about the nhs its a p take my sister works for nhs and they do say you cant wear your uniform off site but they wont wash it etc she has to do it her self and pay for its cost and the past 2 months i have been doing it as her machine is broken and plumbing needs redoing so she has held of buying a new machine till that is done
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I wanted to start a thread about the snow as I am too fed up. In Ireland on the east coast, we never see snow, there's about 40 centimeters outside right now and it will fall more during the night.
    I don't even mention the roads not gritted. Worse, when it gets that cold, pipes outside on the street where the water metre is freeze every year. ****ers from council couldn't burry them deep enough, less than 5 centimeters. So I spent most of the morning running a hose from 2 houses up and connected it to the outside tap, thanks **** for good neighbours.
    I thought this would be the end of my worries but about an hour ago, signal on the 28.2E dish started to go down below 25% arghhhhhhhh! I guess the snow must have cleared on the lnb as it came back up to 40%.
    Don't know about the NHS but we have the HSE here and they are a right shower of ******s too. Was a huge scandal last week about extremely poor care given to old folks in their home. Those muppets were paying tens of millions every year to companies providing care for old folks in their house and they were ripped off without noticing. People without experience and Garda checks were highered to work, they were paid shit money and working 3 shifts in a row. Worst about it, it had to be journalists going undercover to find about it! Disgraceful, and I am not even Irish.

1-2-3-4-5, steam out....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    We had a inch of snow last night when i went to bed.. around 2.30am.. Got up this morning at 7 as normal only to find we had another foot of snow over night..

Most people would say.. great But i live 500 yards from our wee town and there is a hill to go up to get out and a hill to go up to get back in home again..

There are only 2 other houses on our road and the council say its not priority as not enough traffic on the road to grit it.. Well.. May not be priortiy for them.. Bit i got a 1 year old daughter and a wife thats 6 month pregnant.. Now to me.. thats priority..

I am so fed up with this government.. thats they are really starting to feck me off..

They can go and spend gizillions on some 2 bit shite computer system for the NHS that was never ever gonna work in the 1st place.. and it would take a tenner to grit my road to allow me to use my car..

Agghh.. The more i talk about it.. the more i get fecking angry..
    where i live we still got snow from last year LOL bing crosby got a lot to answer for !!!!