Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sky Skin??

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by divil_a_bit View Post
    I don't like the Sky logos in the Sky Skin. I'd prefer not to use the Sky Skin. But there are a couple of killer features in the Sky Skin that are not available in OpenVix skins that I much prefer and all are in the graphical EPG screen.
    • +/- 24 hours is more accessible (ch up/down is more difficult to explain to my wife)
    • The boquet "tabs" on the top. It clearly shows there is more than the current boquet available (and there's a "hint" to use the <> keys to navigate between boquets)

I very very rarely use the short-cut coloured buttons (blue/red/yellow/green) in the OpenVix skins whereas I regularly use them when using the Sky Skin.

I've attached 2 screen shots for comparison.
    Attachment 55360
    Attachment 55361
    divil_a_bit can I ask which skin or settings you use to see the bouquet tabs and +/- 24 hours, I've installed the Blue HD skin from the plugin downloads but my EPG looks like your 2nd screenshot. I'm trying to make life as easy as possible for the missus in moving away from Sly.
    Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i can not Beleive that people would want to make their Far Superior E2 Receiver look like a mundain cheap SKY or Virgin Box but thats the Advantage of VIX you actualy have the choice to put whatever skin that you like on it,i realy like the Magic-FHD Skin but thats my choice and not the Receiver Makers making you use their skin

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    i can not Beleive that people would want to make their Far Superior E2 Receiver look like a mundain cheap SKY or Virgin Box but thats the Advantage of VIX you actualy have the choice to put whatever skin that you like on it,i realy like the Magic-FHD Skin but thats my choice and not the Receiver Makers making you use their skin
    If it were just me using the box then I'd happily ditch anything Sly related but after using their box for 10+ years the missus has grown quite attached to it's simplicity and isn't known for her patience when dealing with new tech

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hopkins35 For This Useful Post:

Dark Cloud (31-12-17)

Title
    Thanks
    I am the same,.....tried many times to change it but "She who knows all" just likes the Sly one.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hopkins35 View Post
    divil_a_bit can I ask which skin or settings you use to see the bouquet tabs and +/- 24 hours, I've installed the Blue HD skin from the plugin downloads but my EPG looks like your 2nd screenshot. I'm trying to make life as easy as possible for the missus in moving away from Sly.
    Thanks
    SkyNew Skin by Chabs:
    http://www.techkings.org/resources/s...n-by-chabs.12/

Another plus for this skin: "Add Timer" and "Add Autotimer" are replaced with "Record" and "Record Series" also.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to divil_a_bit For This Useful Post:

hopkins35 (31-12-17)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hopkins35 View Post
    If it were just me using the box then I'd happily ditch anything Sly related but after using their box for 10+ years the missus has grown quite attached to it's simplicity and isn't known for her patience when dealing with new tech
    Good point mate after trying to get her indoors to embrace my Duo2 and Ultimo 4k i just gave up and moved them to my Man Cave and let her plod on with the Tivo Box

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by divil_a_bit View Post
    SkyNew Skin by Chabs:
    http://www.techkings.org/resources/s...n-by-chabs.12/

Another plus for this skin: "Add Timer" and "Add Autotimer" are replaced with "Record" and "Record Series" also.
    Thanks very much for the info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12