Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Post your tested working brand of WIFI Dongle on the Vu

Title
    Thanks
    I have tested this D-Link DWL-G122. Did it again. It only works a while. After restarting the receiver there's no way to make it work again.
    Fixed connection through electric power network is the only working solution for me so far.

Vu+Ultimo/D80cm motorized/OpenVix5.2.045ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2 &
    Vu+Ultimo4K/D80cm 2LNB/OpenVix6.5.001ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Question

is there any way to update the firmware on the netgear WNDA3200 stick ?

Someone says earlier it doesnt work.
    VU+DUO (Genuine box - not a clone)
    FIXED 28.2e DISH
    System OE:OE-Alliance 3.4
    Firmware version:OpenViX 4.2.021 (2016-12-06)
    Kernel / Drivers:3.9.6 / 20151124

Title
    Thanks
    hi iam i right in thinking you need a router has well as dongle ?? or will dongle work by its self

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    you need a wireless router for the wireless usb stick to log onto inorder to have access to the internet
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    how i can know the version of TP-Link TL-WN321G?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flasher_for_nokia View Post
    how i can know the version of TP-Link TL-WN321G?
    http://www.tp-link.com/CA/support/do...odel=TL-WN321G
    Last edited by kevdoc; 01-08-11 at 00:54.

digidude
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
    is there any way to update the firmware on the netgear WNDA3200 stick ?

Someone says earlier it doesnt work.
    a driver package for this dongle doesnt exist, yet. I have managed to get hold of the actual source code that drivers get compiled from for this dongle though, as well as pre compiled .fw firmware files, but am struggling to compile the required .ko files that are needed for the receiver to work

i have more than everything needed to create the driver package, i just dont have the knowledge or experience to do it, so if anyone wants to point me in the right direction, ill see what i can come up with

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jd58 View Post
    TP-Link TL-WN321G version 4 does not work.
    Working fine for me mate. TP-Link TL-WN321G (version 4) WHITE

I'd you have any kind of encryption on your router you will need to first use the dongle to connect to the router via a desktop or a laptop so it has the correct settings before connecting via vu+. Not so sure like but I think there's no way to configure these settings via the box. So it should be down first and a profile should be saved for said router your trying to connect to. Hope this helps you in some way.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdoc View Post
    Working fine for me mate. TP-Link TL-WN321G (version 4) WHITE

I'd you have any kind of encryption on your router you will need to first use the dongle to connect to the router via a desktop or a laptop so it has the correct settings before connecting via vu+. Not so sure like but I think there's no way to configure these settings via the box. So it should be down first and a profile should be saved for said router your trying to connect to. Hope this helps you in some way.
    Still cant get this to work...its fine on my desktop...in fact it keeps crashing enigma

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nibb For This Useful Post:

kevdoc (01-08-11)

Title
    Thanks
    do you have any information about TP-Link TL-WN321G version 3.4 that it work or no?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post
    Still cant get this to work...its fine on my desktop...in fact it keeps crashing enigma
    I don't know then mate, def working for me. Have you updated the software on it? You can get the latest from that like I posted above, worth giving that a go an see how that goes. Also what version of vix are you running ATM? I'm running 2.2.100. Might be a driver issue or something.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kevdoc For This Useful Post:

nibb (03-08-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    do you have any information about TP-Link TL-WN321G version 3.4 that it work or no?
    There is no 3.4 mate. At least hardware revisions anyway. Check the link I posted above and find your correct hardware revision. Hardware revisions run from V1,V2, V3 and V4. I'm sure the problems nibb is having is software based rather than hardware as I can guarantee 100% V4 is working on vu+ Duo.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digidude View Post
    a driver package for this dongle doesnt exist, yet. I have managed to get hold of the actual source code that drivers get compiled from for this dongle though, as well as pre compiled .fw firmware files, but am struggling to compile the required .ko files that are needed for the receiver to work

i have more than everything needed to create the driver package, i just dont have the knowledge or experience to do it, so if anyone wants to point me in the right direction, ill see what i can come up with
    How bout passing the source code to us so we can try compiling it
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok,my version is 3.3 and works fine,the usb stick I've is white/grey(black)...hope's that will help you.
    VU+ Duo "Limited Edition" 1TB, (BlackHole 1.7.8), Harmony One remote.
    Clarke-Tech ET9000 (OpenViX 3.0.204), SpiderBox 9000HD, TM1500CI+

Title
    Thanks
    Finally I've found it: TP-Link TL-WN321G Ver3.3 works now fine with Vu+Duo!

Vu+Ultimo/D80cm motorized/OpenVix5.2.045ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2 &
    Vu+Ultimo4K/D80cm 2LNB/OpenVix6.5.001ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast