Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: box unresponsive

Title
    Thanks

box unresponsive

hi, I bought this box from WOS for my son at christmas he has been running it on a apollo image not sure what build but it came with the image on, anyway the box is unresponsive now solid green light on when its switched on from the back nothing comes up on the display & no video available on the tv screen, I've tried to flash it via a usb but nothing happens I know the usb stick is ok becuase I flashed another super with it ok. I can comunicate with the box with DCC OK so its not completly dead also if I press the stand-by button it goes to flashing green to red. any ideas chaps would be very much appreciated thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    box might need reflashing with new bootloader and new hades image and start from scratch,was the box using a usb for epg set to usb or internal flash [ not good ]dont use settings restore,if you have important info you want saved do that first.sometimes bugs happen and setting up from scratch is needed.

Title
    Thanks
    hi,thanks for the reply would that be bootloader first then hades, would the updated bootloader allow me to then flash it.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    correct if box wont take the image use the bootloader first on a formatted 8gb usb stick,kingston,cruzer,integral
    just follow the box tuts in case any buttons need pressing for image to load and box reboots.
    usb stick inserted or removed when box is powered off only.

remove other usb devices first.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks i'll give it go tomorrow i have set my own box back up now & get up early in the morn. thanks again

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dorada For This Useful Post:

cactikid (02-07-15)

Title
    Thanks
    hi just tried that and no joy box still not responsive solid green light & no video available

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Can you ftp into your receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    hi, andy sorry i didn't reply been up brim !! yeah i can ftp to the box is there a way to revive it . cheers

Title
    Thanks
    update the problem is still not solved but through Open webif I can set the box up through using the buttons on the front (the remote does not work) and refreshing the screenshot every second or two managed to get through the set up wizard did a scan on a single transponder & found sky box office but theres still no video mode on the tv I've tried different hdmi leads really stuck now

Title
    Thanks
    next update , I have managed to do a full scan using the method above and can stream channels to my pc so Iam guessing it is a hdmi issue having used 4 different leads I think it must be a faulty box. image is now Hades.015/ driver is 20150626/ kernel version is 3.97/ gui version is 2015/07/01
    Last edited by dorada; 05-07-15 at 20:42.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Are you able to test another device conencted to the TV? Just incase the TV is at fault. If other HDMI device is fine, best to contact the retailer.

Title
    Thanks
    tv is fine abu watching a gigablue on it as I type, thank for the reply I will contact WOS tomorrow.