Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Bricked Box?

Title
    Thanks

Bricked Box?

OK - doesn't look like there's much activity on the DM500 pages here, but I'm hoping someone can help.

I found my old DM500 which had a Gemini image on it. All the channels were working perfectly. I flashed the image manually to Commando 15 (via the cramfs.root in /VAR method).

The image flashed but doesn't appear to work/flashed properly (it took less than 30 secs to do so...should it take 15 mins?).

The Halo troopers appear (although they remain on the screen regardless of whether the box is on or in standby). I try to search for services but repeatedly receive "transponder failed" or "no channels found".

I've tried using DCC - but that repeatedly gives me "10057 error in function socket not found" (definitely using the correct IP address). I've also tried a null modem cable with DreamUp - but DreamUp remains on "Connection prepared. Switch Dreambox on" even though I switch on the dreambox.

I have access to the "yDBox" utility via my browser. In the "tools" menu there is the option to "flash" - and it says "image flashed successfully" - it doesn't really seem too...just has a spinning circle as if it is working.

At a bit of a loss - does anyone have any idea how I can resolve any of these issues?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Use dream up with a null modem cable using a proper serial port.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Rayne (03-07-15)

Title
    Thanks
    tried that - all i get is "Connection prepared. Switch Dreambox on"...and when i switch it on, nothing happens.

Definitely using a Null Modem Cable and it's in a serial port. Only thing I can think of is that the cable is knackered....just ordered a new one from amazon

Title
    Thanks
    Is it a real serial port or a USB emulation as it can make a difference.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mr.raw For This Useful Post:

Rayne (03-07-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As mr.raw says, it has to be serial to serial, and use dream-up version.. 1.3.2.1
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wullboy For This Useful Post:

Rayne (03-07-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys - turns out that it was a faulty null modem cable.

Reflashed box is working a charm!