Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Technomate tm500 locked with unknown password

Title
    Thanks

Angry Technomate tm500 locked with unknown password

Hi guys, I am probably the newest member of this community and have no technical know-how on these matters. What brought me here hoping to get assistance is a problem which I don't seem to find a solution for; Nearly two years ago I bought a technomate tm-500 receiver at a boot sale. It was pre-loaded with a lot of my favorite channels. It worked like a dream until recently when the picture disappeared although I could still have a full list of channels and can also view data of what each channel is showing at the time. I have no idea what has happened to it. I used to solve such problems by using Enigma 1 Bouquet Update accessed via the yellow button on the remote control. That function cannot bring the picture back. I tried to reset the box to factory default settings but could not do so because to my annoyance, I discovered that every major function such as accessing TuxBox Commander or use of the blue button are protected by a password. Someone advised me that I should load the new image (whatever that means) but nothing can be done due password protection. I do not know what that password is. I tried the default password of four zeros (0000) but that did not work. I have faith in you guys, please someone help me! I have noted that you guys love to use abbreviations and technical phrases, if someone has a solution for me, please simplify it to the bare basics. Thanks in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    Digidude posted a solution for that years ago.
    There was one 'dodgy' image released.
    Use his guide and then put latest image on
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 24-06-15 at 19:19. Reason: No links to other forums please

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mistertv77 For This Useful Post:

gsmeadows (18-10-18),lovedaremagz (26-06-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    When you put up, pressing one of the buttons leads to deletion of user data including the password. Pretty sure it is the up button, then right.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

lovedaremagz (26-06-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks mistertv77 and abu baniaz. I was able to wipe the old passwords and to perform a factory reset. I followed the link provided by abu baniaz intending to download new image but I did not find anything for TM500, any advice or suggestions on that? Thanks in advance

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The link in my signature is for Openvix images.

You can download from here. The 500super and 600 use the same images.
    Code:
    http://downloadtmsw.com/bbs/list.php?board=tm600