Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: tuner issue

Title
    Thanks

tuner issue

Hi, I have bought unibox HD eco with twin cable/freeview HD DVB-C/T/T2 tuners. So far I have only connected tuner A to a tv aerial via cable and the box has successfully completed an auto scan finding 138 channels but no HD channels. The aerial is HD compatible as I have two identical aerials, one is connected to my samsung tv and receives HD channels with no problem. How can I get the box to receive HD channels on Freeview please?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    You have to change your scan mode to T2.

Which mast is local to you? We may require help in populating details for ABM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

harv-eliz (19-06-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for replying so quickly, I had set it to t2 but i will redo it now. my local transmitter is winter hill (north west england). I did try tuner b but it seems to have different frequencies programmed(assuming it is for cable/ freesat) but picked up no channels.

Title
    Thanks
    We have the details for WinterHill already. If you run AotoBouquetsMaker, it should organise the bouquets for you too.

If you want to manually scan, make sure you change the system to DVB-T2 instead of DVB-T or Auto.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

harv-eliz (19-06-15)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks will try it now

Title
    Thanks
    Not a productive weekend. On automatic scan box finds 138 channels, no HD as stated before. If I input Tuner A dvb-t2 and set provider to winterhill gb europe dvbt/t2 and do a manual scan the scan jumps in 11% intervals and finds no channels, if i select autobouquetmaker i get the message X timeout for tuner lock. Once it displayed 86 channels 30 radio found but wouldn't show any on screen or in the EPG. I haven't got the box connected to the internet at the moment but i received the same results when connected. I have done a factory reset and repeated these steps to get the same results. I'm happy with the quality of the picture and features on the box but am frustrated not to get the HD channels. Hope you can help and i'm not just being a bit thick

Title
    Thanks
    Set your tuner to Europe. Ensure scan mode is DVB-T2 and scan again.

Don't use ABM for now. It does not matter whether it is connected to the internet or not.

Title
    Thanks
    Has this issue been sorted yet? If anyone has a Venton Unibox working with DVB-T2 and DVB-T please can you let me know which drivers you are using?

I contacted World of Satellite by phone last week and asked about this box and was told they were sending all their stock back to Venton because of a driver issue. T2 no longer works on it and Venton were not helpful. I tried contacting Venton myself by phone but no-one claimed to be able to speak English there so they could not help me.

Despite that, on the world of satellites site, the Venton box is still shown as in stock. So if they are still selling it, has this issue been resolved?

If anyone can get all DTT channels on this box, please can you let me know how you have configured your box and which image you are using.

Thanks