Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Kodi Direct Query Skin

Title
    Thanks

Kodi Direct Query Skin

Hi

I have just installed Kodi Direct on my gigablue and upon launching it the skin is soo ugly.

How do i go about changing the skin to what i see on all the videos as this default is pure and simply ugly.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    from what I remember there wasn't a way of changing the skin, but could be long. never used it for long

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure about your box , but if it has the normal confluence skin, you may be able to go into settings/appearance (at top)/skins/ get more

hope that may help

Title
    Thanks
    oh.. currently using vm red skin, i got confluence and vix 1080p skin ill try those and report back. How is giga with kodi? i see people are going towards android now and all the forums i can see android taking over in few years..

Title
    Thanks
    Could you provide me with a cheap fast vpn? as i would want to have vpn connection when using Kodi and other streaming.

Purevpn is too pricy.

Require one with fast throughput

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sensui619 View Post
    How is giga with kodi? i see people are going towards android now and all the forums i can see android taking over in few years..
    Thats because those android boxes can run full blown, fully supported versions of kodi directly, currently this is not the case with any enigma2 based receiver.

The high end Vu+ boxes can run a closed source version of XBMC which was leaked from Vu+ and is currently in beta (the Mut@nt can also run a beta XMBC version but no other e2 based receiver can).

The version you are refering to here (kodi direct) is very misleadingly named and actually has nothing at all to do with kodi, it is a emulation for the e2 environment and is not a shadow of the real kodi you would get with for example on a amazon fire tv box.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    ohhh . no wonder it looks so ugly and does not have the appearance option as the original kodi. as i have changed skins but no luck.

Has anyone uses Kodi Direct?

Guess i will have to purchase WeTek receiver maybe its a sign of my leaving from enigma scene after i think 10 years.

Title
    Thanks
    Just seen another post to use tsmedia instead as this has genesis and showbox.

My kodi direct has showbox but no movies work.

Guess ill try tsmedia

Title
    Thanks
    you can get a raspberryPi 2 for about £30, also need 8gig stick micro sd card power supply and HDMI lead. Don't need a remote, that can be done with an app . So can be set up very easily to run XBMC for between 30 and 50 pounds depending on what you need. Runs xbmc without any probs. a good cheap way to get started

Title
    Thanks
    Yeh also had a look at WeTek as this now looks all the more appealing. Also Evo has entered the same market.

I currently got something cheap the amazon fire rv stick. Goong to sideload a few apps.

Btw iv tested tsmedia with showbox apart from slow loading it seens to work. Avengers stream working ..

Need a decent looking skin like a xbmc.

Anyone know if there is a app that does bollywood movies?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sensui619 View Post
    Yeh also had a look at WeTek as this now looks all the more appealing. Also Evo has entered the same market.

I currently got something cheap the amazon fire rv stick. Goong to sideload a few apps.

Btw iv tested tsmedia with showbox apart from slow loading it seens to work. Avengers stream working ..

Need a decent looking skin like a xbmc.

Anyone know if there is a app that does bollywood movies?
    Personally I rate the Amazon Fire TV box / stick over the wetek and I have all of them, just whacking some tuners onto the back of a dodgy android box does not cut it for me.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    Personally I rate the Amazon Fire TV box / stick over the wetek and I have all of them, just whacking some tuners onto the back of a dodgy android box does not cut it for me.

Ohh

Fire tv does seem cool, currently sideloading apps as this works a treat without rooting.

If only i could get android boxes for testing purposes without the need of purchasing