Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: no internet issue

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    as requested duo cfg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    This is your issue. You are DDOS yourself.
    Code:
    L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log
    Change it to
    Code:
    L: { 00 }

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (14-06-15),mcquaim (14-06-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    so if this file is used on all my vu boxes i need to adjust the others also.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    yes otherwise your DDos'ing your self.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

cactikid (14-06-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    think i must have lost the plot box is running a cfgreflash to a newer image after i save my channel list

did the mg_cfg file change anytime as remember when first setting up 2 things needed changing then
    Last edited by cactikid; 14-06-15 at 21:25.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    same issue with no internet connection since box was bought in may 2015 from wos.
    whats tried different images from hades 10-hades 14,apollo 166,open pli.

always reflashed with no settings restore.
    new lan cables added and straight from router to box.
    lost count how many reboots of box and router and network restarts to get a connection
    tried for over 1 hr even switching dhcp off and adding the network manually= no connection
    if box is powered off for 1/2 hour or more box will connect so suspect faulty lan port/re dry joint?
    box had a connection last night with kodidirect and gone again with no connection again today.
    think time to contact wos

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    update box sent back for testing fault found and new updated box coming soon

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    update box sent back for testing fault found and new updated box coming soon
    Did you get this issue sorted cactikid?
    Got an Xtrend 8000 for my brother in law. Having internet issues where no ip address is assigned to the box. Lights flashing at the lan port at back of box. restarted box, router, network on box but to no avail.

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs down Same Problem here with by shiny new Et8000

Oh dear,
    I'm sorry to have to report i am having exactly the same issue since yesterday evening, with my brand new Xtrend8000, which only arrived from WOS last Saturday.
    It had been working perfectly well until then.

As others have reported if the box is turned off at the switch on the rear & left for 2/10 minutes on restarting the internet connection is once again working correctly!

I will monitor both my box & this thread over the next few days, but It looks like it may have to be returned to WOS after Xmas for a replacement unit, or if this bug is becoming more common, i may even relucatntly consider opting for another brand of box altogether.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scanlite View Post
    Oh dear,
    I'm sorry to have to report i am having exactly the same issue since yesterday evening, with my brand new Xtrend8000, which only arrived from WOS last Saturday.
    It had been working perfectly well until then.

As others have reported if the box is turned off at the switch on the rear & left for 2/10 minutes on restarting the internet connection is once again working correctly!

I will monitor both my box & this thread over the next few days, but It looks like it may have to be returned to WOS after Xmas for a replacement unit, or if this bug is becoming more common, i may even relucatntly consider opting for another brand of box altogether.
    Are your ports (router) open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks

The router is fine

The router is working perfectly when the error occurs the et8000 is not found in the router ethernet LAN-Side devices.
    However as can be seen in the attached image, if the et8000 is unplugged from the mains or turned off at the switch on the rear of the unit & left for 5/10 minutes the internet connectivity issue is temporarily resolved & it will then show in the
    router ethernet LAN-Side devices.

It is definitely not a problem with the router, but either an issue with the latest openvix image - (openvix-3.2.030.release-et8000) or is a hardware issue with the unit itself.
    xt8000-router.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scanlite View Post
    The router is working perfectly when the error occurs the et8000 is not found in the router ethernet LAN-Side devices.
    However as can be seen in the attached image, if the et8000 is unplugged from the mains or turned off at the switch on the rear of the unit & left for 5/10 minutes the internet connectivity issue is temporarily resolved & it will then show in the
    router ethernet LAN-Side devices.

It is definitely not a problem with the router, but either an issue with the latest openvix image - (openvix-3.2.030.release-et8000) or is a hardware issue with the unit itself.
    xt8000-router.jpg
    Just out of curiosity (because it is illogical ) but give it a static IP and see if you still have the issue.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Just out of curiosity (because it is illogical ) but give it a static IP and see if you still have the issue.
    I will give it a go & report back twol

Title
    Thanks
    Emailed WOS yesterday and this is their reply

Quote> This is a software issue, we've had a few (very few).

Xtrend are aware of the issue and are in the process of creating a bootloader to fix the issue.
    In the meantime, if you need to restart the receiver, put the unit into deep standby, then take out of deep standby by pressing standby on the remote. Unit should re-start with network all working fine. <Unquote

I have tried this fix and it works.
    Must say WOS were very prompt in their reply.

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs up Thank you thomsork

Quote Originally Posted by thomsork View Post
    Emailed WOS yesterday and this is their reply

Quote> This is a software issue, we've had a few (very few).

Xtrend are aware of the issue and are in the process of creating a bootloader to fix the issue.
    In the meantime, if you need to restart the receiver, put the unit into deep standby, then take out of deep standby by pressing standby on the remote. Unit should re-start with network all working fine. <Unquote

I have tried this fix and it works.
    Must say WOS were very prompt in their reply.
    That's great news & thanks for the Deep Standby tip thomsork!

I'm extremely happy to hear Xtrend are aware & working on a patch to resolve this matter, because i gotta tell you when this little box of tricks is functioning correctly it is a "Flying Machine" & a top bit of kit.

As far as WOS are concerned, although i have never yet had personal experience dealing with WOS re any problems (Thought this was going to be the 1st) I have never heard or read a single bad word said against them when it comes to the service they provide!
    The after sales service/care WOS provide seems to be 2nd to none

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast