Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: no internet issue

Title
    Thanks
    I had this issue from new and found early on the deep standby worked for me so didnt send the box back for exchange as was offered by WOS I can say that there support was fantastic and I wont be buying from anywhere else in the future can also say that this box is a great bit of kit and superb value for money

Title
    Thanks
    Deep standby tip doesn't seem to work for me . For me the only solution is 5-10 minutes "full power off" via switch at the back

I saw that some people sent the box back and after repair the noticed a different MAC Address and issue was solved.
    Anyone any experiance?

Title
    Thanks
    Fix is now in build OpenVix 033. Update the kernel fix for the network issue after deep standby on ET8k

Title
    Thanks
    HI guys,

I don't know if I may write to this thread, because I am the owner of E8500 but with the same issue => NO INTERNET CONNECTION.

I little bit play with STBX and it looks for a problem with the unit itself.

Even though router has a valid (static) record of ARP (MAC/IP mapping) of STBX, STBX doeasn't reply to who-has ARP request.

Do you know how to fix/resolve this issue?

Regarding this post from abu baniaz. Do you know which config file I should update/change?

abu baniaz
    14-06-15, 15:58
    This is your issue. You are DDOS yourself.

L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

Change it to

L: { 00 }

Thanks for help.
    pepso

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The mg_cfg file is located in /usr/keys/

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for reply.

1) I have ET8000 not 8500,just correct my previously update

2) I don't have this config file in /usr/keys. Should I created it via VI and just put there "code" ?

root@et8000:/usr/keys# ls -la
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 160 Oct 6 2015 .
    drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 736 Feb 3 2016 ..

and one more question If I may. Can you pleas be so kind and explain to me what I am changig ? What casuse that I DDOS myself? thank you very much

Title
    Thanks
    If you have mgcamd, there is an option to send log files. On some configs available on the net/installer packages, this is enabled and trying to connect to a non -existent IP. This results in a self-DDOS.

It seems that this does not apply to you.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for explanation Abu.

I am not using mgcamd, but CCCacm.cfg, so should I try to find our code in CCCam.cfg?

I can't connect to the STB right not, so i can' verify if this part is in my cccam.cfg.

Title
    Thanks
    The logging option does not apply to you. It only applies to people using Mgcamd.

Someone who has experience of this receiver will respond.

Which image are you using? Please see this post on what details you ought to provide.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!

Title
    Thanks
    you advice me open support ticket on WIX team.

I followed your instrution but I dont know if I may open ticket for WIX team when I am running on OpenPLI /enigma2?

root@et8000:/etc# cat /proc/version
    Linux version 3.17.3 (build@buildserver) (gcc version 4.9.1 (GCC) ) #1 SMP Fri Jan 8 04:45:28 CET 2016

Title
    Thanks
    I did not say open ticket, I referred you to that thread so you can post details of image you are using.

If I remember correctly, there was an updated boot loader that fixed issue. I'm not certain of this, someone else may confirm.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pepso100 View Post
    you advice me open support ticket on WIX team.

I followed your instrution but I dont know if I may open ticket for WIX team when I am running on OpenPLI /enigma2?

root@et8000:/etc# cat /proc/version
    Linux version 3.17.3 (build@buildserver) (gcc version 4.9.1 (GCC) ) #1 SMP Fri Jan 8 04:45:28 CET 2016
    Not sure about OpenPLi, but was fixed in OE-A core and OE-Alliance team images a while back.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123