Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Installing a QOSE 5.8GHz AV Sender with a TMNano2 - Problem

Title
    Thanks

Installing a QOSE 5.8GHz AV Sender with a TMNano2 - Problem

Can anybody assist me with an issue. Have a technomate TM-Nano2 Super, working fine to the main TV in the room.

Recently purchased a 5.8Ghz Wireless Sender so I can watch the feed in an upstairs bedroom. The Sender comes with a 6pin MiniDin lead, with SCART at the other end. Of course the TM2 doesn't have a SCART socket, so after much ordering of various cables, I've now got a MiniDin to USB converter, so the MiniDin connecting the sender now terminates in a USB, which fits into one of the 2 USB ports. The receiver unit can still use the original cable MiniDin to SCART, which fits in the upstairs TV.

I'm just getting no signal between the units. I've literally had the TVs in the same room, and the units less than 1m from each other, still nothing. Tried changing all the wireless channels on the boxes, no joy. The only thing I can think of is that there is some conflict with the Technomate.

Am I missing something obvious here? Is there some bit of kit I need?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    HAve you got any equipment with a female scart socket you can "butcher"? Mayeb even one of those scart selector boxes from the 99p shop?

You can then solder wires to convert the composite video cable to a scart connection.

There was some debate on the quality on composite vdeo quality. Please have a read of it.

As alternatives, you may wish to use the RCSC plugin on another E2 receiver. You can even do it on XBMC/Kodi. Not sure how though.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    @PaulC - The SCART to mini-DIN cable is designed to carry analogue video and audio signals only. It has nothing to do with USB which is a digital connection. In basic terms, what you need to achieve is a video and audio feed to the mini-DIN. You may be able get to a phono video/audio lead to SCART socket converter, in which case you connect the video phono plug (yellow) to the composite video out and the red and white plugs to the audio out sockets on the nano and you plug the SCART plug into the SCART socket.
    Alternatively you could open the SCART plug and disconnect the composite video out wire and the two audio out wires and solder in some phono flyleads from "butchered" cable (as abu has indicated). Alternatively you need another E2 receiver (and either a wifi or CAT5 cable connection). Composite video quality is not great, but may suit your purposes.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    @PaulC - The SCART to mini-DIN cable is designed to carry analogue video and audio signals only. It has nothing to do with USB which is a digital connection. In basic terms, what you need to achieve is a video and audio feed to the mini-DIN. You may be able get to a phono video/audio lead to SCART socket converter, in which case you connect the video phono plug (yellow) to the composite video out and the red and white plugs to the audio out sockets on the nano and you plug the SCART plug into the SCART socket.
    Alternatively you could open the SCART plug and disconnect the composite video out wire and the two audio out wires and solder in some phono flyleads from "butchered" cable (as abu has indicated). Alternatively you need another E2 receiver (and either a wifi or CAT5 cable connection). Composite video quality is not great, but may suit your purposes.

So, let me see if I have this right....

I need a cable which is 6pin MiniDin that goes into the back of the sender unit, and the other end needs to be the White/Red/Yellow (RCA) that can go into the back of the Technomate? This is because I need to get this as an analogue feed.

Do I have this right?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Basically yes. The issue you may have is the pin layout of the 6 pin mini DIN which may be proprietary to the vendor. A better solution would be to attach the existing SCART plug on the end of the cable to a SCART socket which has video and audio (yellow/red/white phono (also called RCA in the US or "cinch" in Europe sometimes) plugs). Or make up your own by opening the SCART plug and soldering in three phono leads as suggested.

At the risk of bending site linking rules, here is the type of thing you could look for: (other products from other vendors are available )

Code:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/scart-to-3-phono-adapter-l87ba
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    I have installed the A/V system it works ok but I can only receive BBC1 no matter what is on the main TV how can I correct it so I receive what the main set is shopwing