Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Lava tronics BEWARE!!!! Customer service at its WORST !!!!

Title
    Thanks

Lava tronics BEWARE!!!! Customer service at its WORST !!!!

So here is my sad story.... If you want to buy satellite receivers, then buy anywhere except LAVA TRONICS Been using LAVA TRONICS for about a year,.. I am based in Spain..I sent back for repair 6 Amiko receivers ad an Amiko X finder sat meter on 1st April... By expensive air shipment.. I paid for express shipping as I needed the meter for work... I eventually received 5 of the faulty receivers back 2 weeks later as they were easy repairs... The meter however came back with more faults on it than when it was sent.. After a couple of calls I was told to send it back again, Which I did... Now LAVA TRONICS is supposedly the UK Amiko distributor .. It turns out that they fitted a 2nd hand keyboard to my 6 month old meter!!! My comment was.. If you are an AMIKO repair centre, then what are you doing fitting 2nd hand parts under warranty, If you are not an AMIKO repair centre, then what are you doing bodging my meter??...
    Anyway, I was still short an AMIKO Alien 2 receiver, which they said had to go back to AMIKO for repair under warranty.. So here I am nearly 2 months later and still no receiver... So I decided to email LAVA TRONICSto find out where it was and when I could expect it back.... Below is the emails that were sent.... Read from bottom up...

On May 24, 2015, at 08:15 PM, *********** Limited <info@***********.com> wrote:

Gary,

You have ZERO chance of us paying for return delivery, think yourself EXTREMELY lucky at this stage that I am still entertaining you – You came extremely close to being told exactly where to go the very first time round you ever spoke with me and the supposed ‘missing’ receiver, you have since spent literally hours of my and my staffs time on the phone, help, support, you name it and finally you reduce yourself to causing the biggest fuss about a supposed returned item which had not been repaired, only for us to agree to pay for return air delivery to us to find it’s perfectly fine and fully functioning and yet you chose to suggest it was my company and staff at fault, a very big now..... So then I start to dig further after your usual style email today, how very interesting.....

Do not push your luck Gary any further. You’ve been MORE than lucky with the outcome and refunds so far, don’t even think about wasting any more of my or LAVA TRONICS time.

I will contact you once the repair is back here and not before, you can then arrange payment for return delivery or collection by yourself.

I will not be entertaining any more replies to you until I am ready, should I start receiving any more emails from you I will consider them to be spam and your email address be added to the black list.
    I hope I have made myself extremely clear.
    Antony

Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2015 7:48 PM

To: *********** Limited
    Subject: Re: Still waiting for return of my Amiko Alien

I believe you have your dates wrong... I despatched the items via air shipment, at my cost on the 1st April, Should have been received by you I believe on or about the 7th April, and in fact I then paid for air shipment back to me for the new order and the faulty goods together, which arrived with me on the 12th April. So that is 7 weeks on Tuesday that faulty receiver has been with you, so it will be more than 2 months by the time it is returned to me, are you suggesting that this is a normal amount of time for a warranty repair?.

I believe it is customary for customers to pay return postage when sending back faulty goods, But I have never dealt with any company that also charges for the repaired item to be sent back to the customer.

I note from your terms and conditions the...

"Where no fault is found, return delivery will be charged. We advise you to telephone us before sending a product back to go through steps to determine the fault."

This obviously suggests that if a fault is found then return postage is paid by you... Correct?

As the item has been deemed faulty by yourselves then I think t reasonable to expect you to pay for return carriage. Obviously air shipment is not an option, by road is fine. I trust you will supply me with tracking information once it is despatched.
    Gary

On May 24, 2015, at 07:13 PM, *********** Limited <info@***********.com> wrote:

Gary,

It’s been approx. a month which when you consider includes travel from Spain to the UK, UK to Hungry and service repair before delivery back to UK – I would say no in these circumstances it is not unusual.

We have not yet received it back here, however we are expecting a large delivery on Thursday which may include service repairs, I have no way of knowing this for sure right now though.

As I said the first time round and as is still the case you will be contacted in due course regarding this once complete to arrange for return delivery.

Let me know if you would like it shipping by air or regular land delivery and exactly the address this is shipping back to and I will work out the return delivery costs for you which can be paid in advance to speed things up if you wish.
    Many thanks

Antony

The email I sent......

It has now been nearly 6 weeks since you received the faulty Amiko Alien 2 from me.
    The email from Anthony states the receiver has been sent back to Amiko for repair around the 15th April, Is this the normal turn around time for warranty repairs from Amiko?
    Please can you tell me when I can expect to get tis item returned to me?
    Gary
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 24-07-15 at 01:21. Reason: removed surname of persons

Title
    Thanks
    I would contact UK Trading Standards to see if they can help out. I don't really know how it would work given your location, but you should not be paying for return postage costs on warranty repairs as far as I know. It's got to be worth an email, just to find out.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have been told of people buying amiko boxes over in ireland and if faulty will supply a replacement