Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remote timer plugin

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Remote timer plugin

Can somebody tell me how to set up the remote timer plugin?
    I have installed rcsc on my client box (VuZero) and I want to record on to my server box (VuUno)
    I have also mounted the hdd on my Uno so that I can stream previously recorded movies to my Zero. This all works well except for the remote timer plugin.
    When I start a remote timer recording from my Zero, it displays this message: "Set timer on remote Receiver via Webif:timer "name of program I want to record" "
    On my Uno in Menu/timers/timers/timers overview, I see a yellow exclamation mark followed by st failed.
    I have included a screen shot of my remote timer setup
    screen.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So nobody on this forum know how to use the Remote timer plugin, and probably nobody even knows it came from or what it is for either......
    Am I correct in this assumption?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBlake View Post
    So nobody on this forum know how to use the Remote timer plugin, and probably nobody even knows it came from or what it is for either......
    Am I correct in this assumption?
    No no your not correct in that assumption and making posts like this will most certainly end up in people ignoring you rather than pitching in and providing help. Personally I don't use either plugins but have you as instructed tried setting the timer up from within the web interface ?.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry for my last post regarding this, but I only assumed that nobody here really knew anything about it since I never received a reply to my question.
    Can you tell me how to set this up in the webinteface? I am a newbie so any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry but I'm currently not near a receiver to check but it should be pretty self explanatory once you login to the web interface.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    No no your not correct in that assumption and making posts like this will most certainly end up in people ignoring you rather than pitching in and providing help. Personally I don't use either plugins but have you as instructed tried setting the timer up from within the web interface ?.
    Ok, would this be the webinterface on my clientbox or server box?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The error message you posted said remote box so I would assume that to be the client box.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    The error message you posted said remote box so I would assume that to be the client box.
    Ok, thanks! I'll take a whack at it again. I may need some more help with this, but I won't bother you anymore tonight. Thanks again..

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok, thanks! I'll take a whack at it again. I may need some more help with this, but I won't bother you anymore tonight. Thanks again..
    Thats what the forum is here for, if you need help post. But it's not a plugin I personally use so I am of little help on the subject.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Can somebody tell me how to set up the remote timer plugin?
    I have installed rcsc on my client box (VuZero) and I want to record on to my server box (VuUno)
    I have also mounted the hdd on my Uno so that I can stream previously recorded movies to my Zero. This all works well except for the remote timer plugin.
    When I start a remote timer recording from my Zero, it displays this message: "Set timer on remote Receiver via Webif:timer "name of program I want to record" "
    On my Uno in Menu/timers/timers/timers overview, I see a yellow exclamation mark followed by st failed.
    I have included a screen shot of my remote timer setup
    screen.jpg
    I'm not sure what the actual issue is.
    When you open the plugin: do you see the timers of the server box?
    When you add a remote timer (so the timer is made via the client and set on the server) you should indeed see the text "Set timer on remote Receiver via Webif:timer "name of program I want to record" " as a confirmation that the timer has been set.

I do this all the time and it works well. I can't see from here what the reason might be for the timer to have failed.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    I'm not sure what the actual issue is.
    When you open the plugin: do you see the timers of the server box?
    When you add a remote timer (so the timer is made via the client and set on the server) you should indeed see the text "Set timer on remote Receiver via Webif:timer "name of program I want to record" " as a confirmation that the timer has been set.

I do this all the time and it works well. I can't see from here what the reason might be for the timer to have failed.
    Thank you for your answer.
    Yes, I can see the timers from the server box.
    When I try to add a timer -this message appears "Set timer on remote receiver via Webif: The parameter "name" can't be empty"
    This I don't understand...

Maybe you can walk me through the installation of this plugin? I mean -after downloading the plugin -what you edited and so on to get it working? I would be very grateful.
    If you can -you can start after the plugin has been installed
    Last edited by BadBlake; 22-10-15 at 00:57.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    After installing the remote timer plugin you only have to set the IP, port, user/pass of the server:
    RT2.jpg

Not sure if this will work without a password; I never tried that.
    The hostname isn't required: it's only for yourself to remember which box you added.
    Make sure to have set 'remote timer-default = yes'.

This is all that is required.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    After installing the remote timer plugin you only have to set the IP, port, user/pass of the server:
    RT2.jpg

Not sure if this will work without a password; I never tried that.
    The hostname isn't required: it's only for yourself to remember which box you added.
    Make sure to have set 'remote timer-default = yes'.

This is all that is required.

I thought I had it working -I added a couple of timers and I could see them on my server box. A little later on I saw that the timers read "finished". I assumed the recording was successful, but there was nothing on the harddisk on my server.
    Also when I open the plugin with the blue button -it say "fetching remote data..." -but nothing is fetched.
    Under settings for the plugin (green button on remote) everything was entered automatically. I didn't edit anything. I have the same info there as you do (in your screeshot)except for the hostname, which is Vuuno.
    I was wondering about that last line in the configuration -the one that says "Remote timer -remotedir. Wha's it for?
    Also I'm wondering if the server box is trying to record on to the client box. My client box (Vu Zero) does not have a hdd -only a usb stick.
    Any ideas?
    By the way, when I add a new remote timer -the location for the recording reads /media/hdd/movie.
    but all my movies on my server has this location (read from my Zero) media/autofs/VUUUNO/movie.
    Could this be the problem? That I have to change this location?
    If so, how do I change it? I tried doing it in setup/system/recording and playback settings -but I was unable to change anything regarding default movie location or timer recording location.
    Last edited by BadBlake; 22-10-15 at 22:28.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Under settings for the plugin (green button on remote) everything was entered automatically. I didn't edit anything. I have the same info there as you do (in your screeshot)except for the hostname, which is Vuuno.
    Well, nothing goes in there by itself: you have entered the IP-address (and the box remembers it).
    As I said: the hostname is of no importance; it's only a reminder for yourself and I never use it.

By the way, when I add a new remote timer -the location for the recording reads /media/hdd/movie.
    but all my movies on my server has this location (read from my Zero) media/autofs/VUUUNO/movie.
    Could this be the problem? That I have to change this location?
    Seems perfectly fine.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well, nothing goes in there by itself: you have entered the IP-address (and the box remembers it).
    As I said: the hostname is of no importance; it's only a reminder for yourself and I never use it.

Seems perfectly fine.
    I know now what's wrong, but I don't know how to fix it. Today I set a timer to record a TV show from 1430 until 1435 -just to test it. I then went to my server box and checked the timer. It read start 1430 and end 1435.
    The timer failed again. I looked at the same timer after it had failed on my server box, and now the start time read 1430 and END TIME 1429!!
    The end time was somehow changed!
    No wonder the timer fails, but what can I do about it -how to fix this problem??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast