Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Problem installing a patch for HD6000.

Title
    Thanks

Problem installing a patch for HD6000.

Hello, Just got a HD6000 and downloaded the latest patch 'HD6000_04_01' . Opened system settings> Software Update having inserted the USB stick with only the one file in the root. I clicked on S/W Upgrade bu could not find the file. On the left window it shows 'USBO (ROOT)' on the right window it show 'No File'. What am I supposed to do I can move down so the (Root) has a yellow colour. I have tried all what I can think of.

I have searched the forum HD 6000 but found nothing to help me.
    I did download a help sheet giving the instructions but this appeared to be different as they refered to :- Menu> Sytem Settings > Update and Backup> Image upgrade, sctroll down and select if in a folder, if not then slide the arrow to select the patch file from the rh screen, press ok and wait for the file to load. Spiderbox will reboot when finished.

Then iit says connect network cable between router and Spiderbox. I already have the router connected and have already made a scan of 28.2 E.

Hope someone can help.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to einsvonzehn For This Useful Post:

aslamemrani (28-04-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi I have a 6000HD and can tell you the following:
    1) You dont need to update via USB . You can use the Upgrade by Network option and take first option and press red button to download. Make sure box is connected to your router otherwise it wont download. Also make sure you dont switch box off while its downloading. When download completes the box will reboot itself. You can then check in System Information for latest firmware.
    2) To open channels you need to have IKS active and connected to your router.
    3) Functions like Youtube etc dont need IKS active.
    4) As far as i know IKS does not open channels on 28.2 east.

Regards

Title
    Thanks
    My problem is how to download a patch for spiderbox 6000