Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Technomate Twin lost LAN connection

Title
    Thanks

Technomate Twin lost LAN connection

Hello All,

My box has happily run for a number of years. Yesterday it had locked up. Power cycled via the on off switch. All boots fine but no internet connection. If I look in the network settings, the adapter is off. Switched back on and saved, but it immediately switches off again. Tried a re flash of the boot loader and the vix images, no luck. Looking in the information page shows that the MAC address is all zeros. Is it possible to reset the MAC address, looking on here appears not.

Alternatively if I buy a wireless dongle will it work or does it need drivers. How do I install the drivers if unable to connect to the Internet?

Thanks T

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The OpenTV images have an ability to edit the MAC address.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    The ViX VU images also have the ability to set a MAC address, not sure why it's not included for other manufacturers though.
    Not near a box to check, but maybe someone with a VU could check what file it alters so you can do the same manually on your TM.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm not sure how I could edit any files as I can't FTP to the box. I've tried a serial link but this does not seem to do anything more than allow flashing of the boot loader. I suspect the other way forward is to try a wireless USB dongle and then edit the file. Looking at the forums it appears that wifi dongles are a bit hit and miss. I can get hold of a few a short notice but which one to try. None are listed as working, TLWN725N, SumVision SVW322U. So if they don't work is it a driver problem or an compatabiliy problem. How do I install drivers with no ability to download via the box, ipk files?

Sorry lots of questions.
    T

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Not as simple as that. To install the wifi-drivers, you need to have access to the plugin feeds. Uploading an ipk for you would be of little value as there are some dependencies that will need to be installed.

I used to install wifi drivers in an an image and upload it for someone who had the same issue. I no longer have the Twin so cannot help.

Ring TM, see how much they will charge for a repair.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    is it still the same outcome about losing the mac address, just turned mine on and mine has completely lost it as well

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi to anyone whom needs to input your MAC address back into your box, I have re-written the instructions because the one`s that technomate provide are very vague so follow what I have put below and you will find it a doddle

HOW TO DO IT
    Even if the instructions are followed in some circumstances it will not write.
    By following below instruction job done each time by 100%
    Ignore TM-Nnao writing on the Loader it is for all 7355 models

1-Look at the bottom of your Receiver you will see Mac, Address
    Write mac. address of any 7355 receiver on a sheet of paper >>I.e.>TM-twin/2t/nano/nano2t/single.
    2-Read from right to left 12 digits Example. 1112 0cc6ac009c3f Use all7335 models Loader
    3-connect RS232 to pc or Laptop
    4-Go to device manager and check Ports (COM & LPT) Go to advanced and check what COM your USB or cable is on
    5-Now turn off your receiver and connect the RS232 9 pin NULL MODEM cable to your receiver
    6-Now turn back on your receiver and open up the MAC fixer and input your MAC address from the bottom
    of your receiver, into the boxes 2 figures at a time and from the drop down menu choose the COM port
    that your cable is on press start, you should now see your inputted
    MAC address appear in the large grey box. when you see this re-boot your receiver
    7-Whilst the receiver is re-booting immediately press ALT/C several times on your pc keyboard until you see
    lot`s of figures appearing in the big box and finishes with CFE on the bottom of your screen /job is done
    8-ALT/F4 will turn off the Loader off desktop screen.

PLEASE REMEMBER A NULL MODEM CROSSOVER TYPE CABLE IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THIS TASK

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nipperlocko For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (02-03-17),antwan (27-03-17),Bangord30 (01-03-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    and I recommend that once you have your box up and running again that you go to plugins>downloads>drivers and download a few usb dongle drivers to your box so that at least you can use wifi to access your pictures and FTP access

Title
    Thanks
    good evening peeps,
    my tm has lost mac address:
    just to clarify before I start
    my mac address on bottom of box is similar to one above , on the loader do I input from lhs of loader as : f3c900ca6cc0 should it look like this or other way round?.
    Thanks for any advise

Title
    Thanks
    hi , sorry for double post , but could do with a bit of advice

my tm has lost mac address:
    just to clarify before I start
    my mac address on bottom of box is similar to one above , on the loader do I input from lhs of loader as : f3c900ca6cc0 should it look like this or other way round?.
    also can a null modem lead have a adapter to usb ...as my pc / laptop don't have a 9 pin rs232 socket?
    Thanks for any advice