Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Netflix wants to terminate VPN users

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Netflix wants to terminate VPN users

Netflix is clamping down on users accessing the service through a VPN (virtual private networks), with its updated terms of service threatening to “terminate or restrict your use of our service, without compensation or notice”.

VPNs are used for a variety of reasons, but, with regards to Netflix, usually to combat limited download speeds and access content restricted to other territories.

The new, key clauses read:
    Article 6C
    You may view a movie or TV show through the Netflix service primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer our service and have licensed such movie or TV show. The content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location. Netflix will use technologies to verify your geographic location.

Article 6H
    We may terminate or restrict your use of our service, without compensation or notice if you are, or if we suspect that you are (i) in violation of any of these Terms of Use or (ii) engaged in illegal or improper use of the service.

“Virtually crossing borders to use Netflix is a violation of our terms of use because of content licensing restrictions,” a Netflix spokesperson said. “We employ industry standard measures to prevent this kind of use. We have not recently made any changes to these measures or to our terms of use. By way of background, what we do is nothing different than what traditional TV networks do to prevent, for example, someone from outside the US from watching the Olympics on NBC.com. … We are working to become a global Internet TV network and, as part of that, will have more global rights to series, features, docs, comedy specials etc, this should make this whole issue moot overtime.”

Code:
    http://advanced-television.com/2015/04/08/netflix-wants-to-terminate-vpn-users/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Donnie (10-04-15),Sicilian (09-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Ohhhh this is really bad news for users using netlfix with VPN....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    not really. there is a work around for it, depending on which VPN provider u with
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 878 Posts
    Original post is over three years old - things change!
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, Netflix is terminating vpn users but if you use powerful vpns like expressvpn than you can easily watch Netflix shows by using vpn. I am using expressvpn for Netflix by reading user's review from here: https://www.vpnranks.com/expressvpn-review/ Netflix is supporting this vpn as this purely safe and secure.

Title
    Thanks
    Is vpnranks short of a few quid or express vpn I wonder