Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Disk 1 unknown

Title
    Thanks

Disk 1 unknown

Hi guys I have 500g toshiba external hdd. On windows 8 its coming up as Disk 1 Unknown and it wont initialise. It was working on my solo2 and the light is on it. No clicking of hard drive or anything like that. When I click on Initialise disk it says the disk is not ready. Any ideas ?
    Last edited by tandaman57; 06-04-15 at 16:54.

Title
    Thanks
    Anyone????

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Im guessing you formatted in your solo2 so its probably ext3 or ext 4 what windows doesnt see. you could try it back in your solo2 and format it too vfat or something like MiniTool Partition Wizard.

depends what you want to do really but google ext3/4 windows and there is many solutions

Jason