Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: views on ths box

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just noticed that the M.Box Ultra has 2GB Flash and 1GB DDR3 compared to my Mut@mt that has 1GB Flash and 2GB DDR3 and the Mut@nt is super fast, the Solo2 sadly only has 256MB Flash but dose have 1GB DDR3 and was once the fastest kid on the block and still is pretty fast imagine if VU upgraded it to 1GB Flash 2GB DDR3 like the Duo2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    is there a way of updating the ram on solo2???

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would not think so as it will be a chip soldered directly on the motherboard, but it would be nice if it was a plug in module like in a PC now that would be an upgrade

Title
    Thanks
    Hello All
    I just received my Ultra, very nice receiver, I don't like the image it comes with, what would be the best image for this receiver.
    One problem I found is when I try to resize the screen so all the test fits the screen it does not work, left/right or up/down.
    Appreciate any comments.
    Chewie

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    I would not think so as it will be a chip soldered directly on the motherboard, but it would be nice if it was a plug in module like in a PC now that would be an upgrade

you think this maybe something to consider for the future, where people can upgrade

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunder View Post
    Hello All
    I just received my Ultra, very nice receiver, I don't like the image it comes with, what would be the best image for this receiver.
    One problem I found is when I try to resize the screen so all the test fits the screen it does not work, left/right or up/down.
    Appreciate any comments.
    Chewie
    you on vix or other image? if on vix image you can adjust it, you need to play around till you get it right

Title
    Thanks
    Hello John
    I am not on Vix Image yet, i never had this problem on VU+ DUO2 with vix image, I will set it up with vix and see what happens.
    I also noticed the front panel up/down led's next to the power led, they suppose to switch the channels up or down, my box, adjusts the volume up or down, I don't think is the image, I try the original image and 2 others and the same thing, the power led work like is intended. maybe the owners of this box can clear this for me.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards.
    Tunder

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    you on vix or other image? if on vix image you can adjust it, you need to play around till you get it right
    Hello John
    I installed the VIX image and still can not adjust the OSD POSITION, I don't know if this is a Image issue or driver issue, When I play with it it just does not move, I hope Someone can fix it so people can try different skins.
    Regards.
    Tunder

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You have to resize before you can move it.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your comments abu, that is exactly what I do, I know on my VU+ for the horizontal I only have to go down like to 692 from the default and it moves to the left, than i move the left/right.
    on the Ultra I go down more, like 650 and nothing happens, how far do I have to decrease the numbers before i can see any horizontal movement.
    Another thing that does not work is CEC HDMI, it works fine with VU+ VIX image.
    I can't believe other owners haven't noticed this issues, unless I am the only owner, or I got a lemon.
    Regards.
    Tunder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12