Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay user clones

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Ebay user clones

Quote Originally Posted by electrocop View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as that.
    I certainly would.

It is a fake receiver manufactured to take advantage of the "I want free Sky TV" brigade, it has undergone absolutely no safety checks and the manufacturer invests not a single penny back into research and development. Users of these boxes are conned into purchasing them under the false promise of genuine image support from the likes of ViX and putting their family's in danger of death due to the often shoddy components used in their production.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I was trying to be nice as this guy has obviously shelled out a considerable amount of money. I certainly wouldn't have one in the house and the build quality definitely isn't as good as a genuine one. The buyer may well be able to use it and it may do what he wants - after all, loads of other people do........ Not that i agree with the existence of fakes and clones, far from it!!

Title
    Thanks
    some you win some you lose,
    reported seller on paypal & ebay but i dont think they are that interested as the Knob is still selling them.

Title
    Thanks
    As someone else pointed out, ebay doesn't care about fakes of any type being sold as long as they get their cut of the sales. In your case, ebay won't want to help as you bought directly from the seller (if i read your post correctly). PayPal may be able to help so long as you didn't send the money as a gift or something like that......

Title
    Thanks
    sent as a gift so yes i am fu**ed.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    I certainly would.

It is a fake receiver manufactured to take advantage of the "I want free Sky TV" brigade, it has undergone absolutely no safety checks and the manufacturer invests not a single penny back into research and development. Users of these boxes are conned into purchasing them under the false promise of genuine image support from the likes of ViX and putting their family's in danger of death due to the often shoddy components used in their production.

My post was not a dig at the user nor was it meant to wrap him up in cotton wool either for that matter. My reply was to all those scumbags who sell this garbage as genuine with genuine image support knowing full well it's frankly dangerous, and counterfeit drop ship, made in a Chinese sweat shop crap.

We all know the Chinese don't give a crap and will happily clone any thing from tooth paste to luxury cars, but if customs did their jobs and fined those in the uk who import these things and users did their home work first, we could start to see less of these death traps in people's homes.

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

mann (30-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    I find it hard to believe nowadays people are still being duped..
    No matter your level of knowledge All you have to do is simple research and ask a few questions and besides if you purchased from fleabay as genuine you should be covered so your get your money back however this seller does not state in the description that they are genuine or clone that's why you ask them through the ebay messaging this way your covered if they miss sold to you...
    I emailed this very seller on two occasions through EBAY messaging and asked if it was a genuine or clone box and they never gave me a reply or any sort of acknowlement which told me they are selling clones..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12