Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Before I order one of these a question

Title
    Thanks

Before I order one of these a question

Hi,

I'm about to place an order for one of these instead of a solo 2 due to the replaceable tuner. Right now need it for sat but sometime intend to use for cable TV. It's a shame the solo2 doesn't have replaceable tuners but this ticks all the boxes for me.

I don't see the tuners available to buy anywhere, is there a reason for this?

Title
    Thanks
    why not save and get a Duo 2 you get the same spec as a solo 2 with 2 plug and play tuner slots.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alienkargo View Post
    why not save and get a Duo 2 you get the same spec as a solo 2 with 2 plug and play tuner slots.
    #

I only need 1 tuner as i will only use DVB-S or DVB-C in any one peroid (depends on which provider i go for). So, its almost twice the price to buy the duo, where as a a tuner will probably be much less to replace. I only need a single tuner device and i want to stream to an andoid phone. My UNO did this VERY well but unfortunatly its out of action due to a faulty nand chip (all blocks used and it has bad blocks). I want to replace it with something that I can use the same, dont care about recording as i pretty much never do, just want it to work with DVB-S for now, and C if choose to move over. I understand USB tuners are no good so thats why I am avoiding the Solo 2.

Its too much money to go to a Duo 2. So seems the solo SE seems perfect. Very odd they (VU) crippled the Solo 2 with a non replaceable tuner!
    Last edited by c9550927; 02-03-15 at 11:43.

Title
    Thanks
    @Sicilian

The problem with that page is they only list UNO/Ultimo etc, no mention of solo 2 SE. I think the physical size of the tuners changed, if it didnt then thats perfect but I think I cant use those tuners in a Solo SE.

Also I noticed you have a "Technomate TM-Nano-3T" which has both sets of tuners, are you able to (easily) stream to an Andoid device with that STB?. With the VU its VERY easy with their APP to both ZAP and stream to a phone, I want to achive the same with the next box I buy.
    Last edited by c9550927; 02-03-15 at 11:44.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c9550927 View Post
    @Sicilian

The problem with that page is they only list UNO/Ultimo etc, no mention of solo 2 SE.
    There is no such thing as a Solo 2 SE by Vu+, the Solo 2 SE you see on other forums and for sale is a illegal counterfeit receiver. the sponsor only sells genuine hardware such as the Solo 2 and Solo SE.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    There is no such thing as a Solo 2 SE by Vu+, the Solo 2 SE you see on other forums and for sale is a illegal counterfeit receiver. the sponsor only sells genuine hardware such as the Solo 2 and Solo SE.
    Sorry the mistake is mine, i do mean a SE like you said, and I WILL be buying from WOS (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...lo-SE-dvb-s-s2). Just want to make sure i'm making the right choice.

My comment earlier still stands, the tuners do NOT list the SE as compatible. E.g. this page

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...imo-duo2-duo-2

Says

"VU+ Uno Ultimo Duo2 Plug and Play Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner Module"

So if I buy a SE with a Sat tuner, i'm stuck with it because you cant buy a DVBC tuner for it
    Last edited by c9550927; 02-03-15 at 12:42.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    As far as I am aware the Solo SE can use either the DVBS/S2 or DVB/C/T tuner It can not use the twin DVBS/S2 tuner only the single. you may want to verify that with the seller first though. Also as the Solo SE only has a singlw tuner slot you cant have multiple tuners installed unless they are USB plugin tuners and those can be problematic unless you have the rite drivers for them.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

c9550927 (02-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    as above, only the single tuner modules work on the SE
    the dual one does not.
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

c9550927 (02-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks guys thats perfect. I have no intension of using on both systems, just one at a time (whoever i'm subbed to at that time).

Title
    Thanks
    ordered from WOS... thanks again.