Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Ariva S300 Recovery (RS232)

Title
    Thanks

Ariva S300 Recovery (RS232)

Hi All,

I recently purchased an Ariva S300 and immediately installed the USB WiFi adapter i got with it. However after a few minutes with this installed (still in menus) the receiver cut out and reset, and it no longer displayed a picture - essentially bricked.

I then ordered the Null Modem RS232 (USB Version) so that i could reinstall the original firmware and restore the receiver to working order. However im having trouble flashing.

I followed the instructions from the official Ferguson website, and used all their files, but i keep getting either 'Error1' or 'Error2' - and the box wont flash.

Anyone have experience with this and maybe give some advise as to how i can flash the receiver?

Thanks!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    You may may need to use a pc with dedicated RS232 port.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Oh damn - im pretty sure i dont own a computer with dedicated RS232 port. Is there anything else that i could possibly try?

The computer im on now does seem to recognise the USB as a COM port..

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i looked into this for my box as i had same issue, although not a ferguson, but libertview. the tutorial did say not to use usb, but female to female null modem cable. also you will need a comms port on pc, which i didnt and decided to ditch the box and grab a vu zero.

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah, I'm not buying a whole new computer just to flash it back. Gonna take it back to shop and get another one or possibly different model

Title
    Thanks
    hi mate, just browsing for a solution to a problem with an arriva 150. first could you direct me where to ask the question ?
    the question is how do i reset or upgrade a 150 combo when you dont know the password, can it be done by rs232 cable?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    JoshuaGrey, You can just buy a dedicated RS232 pci card for your computer. It just plugs into one of the pci expansion slots on the PC and works perfectly so there is no need to buy a new computer. Theres loads on that famous online auction site.

I've had the same card in all of my PCs for the last 10 years or so. If anything its something that the sites sponsors should look at supplying as i'm sure the demand would be there. USB to serial convertor leads have always been a complete waste of time for flashing any STB.

You can also get PCMCIA to RS232 adapters which also work fine in laptops.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    These work very well http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...PL2303-CHIPSET

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable