Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tune Failed?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jugulator View Post
    Some channels say Tune Failed with SNR and AGC both at 0. Is it because of the physical connection issue? If so how do I check? I have a cable connected via a splitter to Tuner A; Tuner B nothing connected. MY cable is good quality and connections are fine. BBC1 and BBC2 is playing fine but stuttering.
    Cable or Terrestrial?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Thanks
    Cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    any news on new drivers yet box is useless at the moment on cable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by penfolduk View Post
    any news on new drivers yet box is useless at the moment on cable
    still waiting for this to get sorted

Title
    Thanks
    It looks like no one really shows any interest in this box. Likely the cable tuners are faulty. I have sent mine back. I have to say the box was otherwise pretty neat. It was as quick as my solo 2, considering the having 1/3rd of the processor speed, this is pretty good.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    still waiting for this to get sorted
    I wouldn't be waiting, I would have sent back as soon as I knew of the issues. Better boxes around imo.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I wouldn't be waiting, I would have sent back as soon as I knew of the issues. Better boxes around imo.
    Sending back next week if nothing get sorted they only seem to be interested in the HDx drivers

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

Tune Failed?

??? Hdx is old, hde is new model and your talking noncense, look in the GIT and you'll a number of driver changes and kernel update.

If using T2, wait for new drivers, if cable send back.

D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Thanks
    Hello,
    For those interested some test results...
    Tried the linuxdvb_7405-3.14.21-20150325.tar.gz drivers. Some progress with T2 as now the driver found 1 (of the 5 available) T2 bouquets with
    automatic scan (or manual scan). Unfortunately it shows only 8% signal for it (and channels are not viewable, HD3 shows 66% for same bouquet...). DVB-T channels loses every now and then signal (0%) when switching channels. The automatic search is very slow it took roughly 50 minutes to complete. It looks like the driver is now consuming lot of HW resources as the box feels slow in all operations.
    So for T2 some progress, otherwise a big step back from 20150304 drivers.
    driver functionality.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BoxFreak For This Useful Post:

penfolduk (28-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    sorted mine myself used some old drivers i found in another image

no more tuner fails on cable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    Don't keep it to yourself.

Title
    Thanks
    got the idea from another thread

i found a opennfr 4.3 image from January this year, flashed my venton eco box with it and found that all channels were ok even HD cleared but recordings had no sound so then i copied the tuner driver file linuxdvb.ko via ftp then reflashed box with latest Apollo uploaded working drivers rebooted and hey presto one perfect box spent all day yesterday flicking channels to get tuner to fail and couldn't

i have linuxdvb.ko file saved if anyone wants to try 8mb

it need to go into folders lib/modules/3.0.6/extra/ (not sure if 3.0.6 is right but its the only folder in the modules folder)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    got the idea from another thread

i found a opennfr 4.3 image from January this year, flashed my venton eco box with it and found that all channels were ok even HD cleared but recordings had no sound so then i copied the tuner driver file linuxdvb.ko via ftp then reflashed box with latest Apollo uploaded working drivers rebooted and hey presto one perfect box spent all day yesterday flicking channels to get tuner to fail and couldn't

i have linuxdvb.ko file saved if anyone wants to try 8mb

it need to go into folders lib/modules/3.0.6/extra/ (not sure if 3.0.6 is right but its the only folder in the modules folder)
    The 3.0.6 part refers to the kernel version the image was built with, the drivers being used must also be built for this kernel version or the receiver won't function properly, or boot up at all for that matter. So be very careful mixing and matching drivers and make sure they are the correct ones for the Linux kernel in use with the image.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi sorry for jumping on this thread. its just that I have had no success in scanning for channels with cable on this box (eco+ ...vix161), Reading the above threads am I right in assuming can't be done because of driver issues. I have used AutoBouquets maker and got some 300 channels.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by antwan View Post
    Hi sorry for jumping on this thread. its just that I have had no success in scanning for channels with cable on this box (eco+ ...vix161), Reading the above threads am I right in assuming can't be done because of driver issues. I have used AutoBouquets maker and got some 300 channels.
    Drivers do not affect DVB-C, also you've scanned with ABM, so whats your issue?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast