Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tune Failed?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by antwan View Post
    Hi sorry for jumping on this thread. its just that I have had no success in scanning for channels with cable on this box (eco+ ...vix161), Reading the above threads am I right in assuming can't be done because of driver issues. I have used AutoBouquets maker and got some 300 channels.
    What you got to lose by doing what I did, you'll send box back they'll send back as they'll be nothing wrong with it as FTA channels work ok
    multikom said my box was broke and wanted me to send to them in Germany which would of cost me to say there's nothing wrong with it
    I don't think they realise they've got a problem with drivers I've emailed them my findings but had no response yet

2. The Following User Says Thank You to penfolduk For This Useful Post:

antwan (30-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Also I've turned off updates on the box as new drivers will send me back to square one

4. The Following User Says Thank You to penfolduk For This Useful Post:

antwan (30-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for input ..the issue is that when I scan using DVB-C I get tune failed I can't help but think its me not setting up cable parameters correctly.
    Tuners work fine on terrestrial and ABM has given me the enough cable channels to suffice my needs .
    I'm quite a newby with cable so I will persevere ... great info on here just have to locate it.

Title
    Thanks
    Have you set up tuners correctly in service searching you need to put in your network id to scan for channels, make sure you select dvb-c
    AutoBouquetsmaker will tell you the number for your area you need mine is 15 (Lichfield) pick what you think the area is near you took me a few tries to get
    Last edited by penfolduk; 31-03-15 at 00:20.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to penfolduk For This Useful Post:

antwan (31-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    I see that Venton has worked on drivers, but T2 not working in here yet. I now tested with agonis-4.3-uniboxhde-20150331 (with 28/02/15 drivers) image.
    No slowness in autosearch (or system operations) or problems with channel changes noticed with this image.
    I recognized something that might explain the problem. I noticed that the code rate used in here (4/5) for DVB-T2 is not available even in the manual search selection. Here is an link to the Finnish specification that I found (page 20):

Code:
    http://www.digita.fi/files/1160/Finnish_DTTV_RoO_versio_1_1_final.pdf
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 02-04-15 at 11:58. Reason: coded

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BoxFreak For This Useful Post:

penfolduk (03-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxFreak View Post
    I see that Venton has worked on drivers, but T2 not working in here yet. I now tested with agonis-4.3-uniboxhde-20150331 (with 28/02/15 drivers) image.
    No slowness in autosearch (or system operations) or problems with channel changes noticed with this image.
    I recognized something that might explain the problem. I noticed that the code rate used in here (4/5) for DVB-T2 is not available even in the manual search selection. Here is an link to the Finnish specification that I found (page 20):

Code:
    http://www.digita.fi/files/1160/Finnish_DTTV_RoO_versio_1_1_final.pdf

thanks for sharing nice to know that someone else is bothered

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts
    This should fix T2 scan https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-al...aa679b67f3097b

Will be in next ViX image.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

BoxFreak (04-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Tried the new image, but did not help me. Discussed the matter with seller (he also discussed with manufacturer) and decided to sent the box for HW repair. Keep you posted once I get the box back.

Title
    Thanks
    An short update on this matter. HW repair was done.
    Problem was still there after repair. There happens some kind of timeout when tuning to T2 channels.
    I have now been in contact with Venton directly and they have been working on the driver to fix this.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BoxFreak For This Useful Post:

jimbo2015 (22-07-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxFreak View Post
    An short update on this matter. HW repair was done.
    Problem was still there after repair. There happens some kind of timeout when tuning to T2 channels.
    I have now been in contact with Venton directly and they have been working on the driver to fix this.
    Please can you let us know is there any update on this issue? This was posted at the end of May so I would hope it has been sorted bynow.

Sorry but I posted it elsewhere but maybe this is the right thread. Did you get the DVB-T2 channels working as well as DVB-T? How long will it be before this is sorted?

Title
    Thanks
    yes I agree with what Jimbo 2015 is saying. I have tuned failed issues with two cable tuners , you can be watching bbc1 then flick to say channel 4 then back to bbc1 then tuned failed again.
    I have tried different firmware inc vix hades , Adonis ,and openpli all resulting in the same tune failed issue.
    They seems to be not much support for this box, I have sent the box back to supplier who have in-tern sent it to manufacturers thinking and hoping it is a hardware problem. It has been 3 week now and still waiting for box to be returned. any thoughts appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    Just got box back from sattv after 2mths came back with open pli image tried on terrestrial TV and seems to be working OK.
    there was no explanation, what had been done to the box, so don't know if hardware or software problems.
    I am wanting to put latest Hades image on but was wondering if the install will knock off or replace any drivers that may or may not have been installed during the repair.
    Any thoughts about this before I commit appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo2015 View Post
    Please can you let us know is there any update on this issue? This was posted at the end of May so I would hope it has been sorted bynow.

Sorry but I posted it elsewhere but maybe this is the right thread. Did you get the DVB-T2 channels working as well as DVB-T? How long will it be before this is sorted?
    Drivers have been getting better, but still problems when doing channel search (needs to be done manually with correct parameters for each channel and many tries...) and switching T2 channels slow (not encrypted ~6 sec, encrypted ~40sec). Some recording issues also.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, can anyone supply the linuxdvb.ko file that Penfolduk says is the best for DVB-C?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234