Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tune Failed?

Title
    Thanks

Tune Failed?

A m8 bought the Eco+ connected to dvb-c and is having all kinds of trouble with it. Using Autobouquets or a normal scan, the end result is always the same, tune failed on lots of channels. I dont know if snr is meant to move but that is always 0 and agc 0 to 98 depending on the channel.
    I've got the box here and its exactly the same. No splitter, decent cables, tried both inputs on tuners, with and without the loop cable. Try and record something and it goes into meltdown, the previously good picture will start stuttering and blocking as soon as the recording starts. Is it wired correctly? Ant in1 looped to Ant In2

Any help, cheers

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts
    To test the tuners test as Terrestrial.

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Select the appropriate tuner > Set to DVB-T/T2 whatever it allows you.

Set Terrestrial Provider to GB Provider for your area.

Run a manual scan. Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > Select appropriate tuner at top. Set 'Type of Scan' to 'Complete'. Set Network Scan to YES.

You could have an issue with your feed.

Regards recording, have you initialised the HDD correctly? Have you checked the mount point? Blue button > VIX > Mount Mananger > Set HDD to /media/hdd
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Yes its mounted properly. Daft as it sounds its as though the recording is draining the signal from the channel you are watching

I've just tested with the Terrestrial signal and thats fine, 126 channels found and all in the 90s. Regards the cable feed, at his house and mine a miraclebox runs without problem.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm getting the same as well
    emailed world of Satellite. Co.uk whilst forum was down and they said there's another vix update 150 either today or tomorrow that contains new drivers that's supposed to fix it

I hope it does I'm at a loss if it doesn't

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Build 150 has new Hybrid tuner drivers for the Unibox Eco+.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Build 150 has new Hybrid tuner drivers for the Unibox Eco+.
    Unfortunately Multicom has not been able to fix DVB-T2 yet, so those bouquets wont be found (at least in Finnish terrestrial network...), tested with 22.2. drivers and Agonis image. Also there is some issues with DVB-T channel switching (tune failed) when starting viewing or changing channel (especially from one bouquet to another) but after a while picture is seen. SNR stays now stable, but value is lower than for example HD3 boxes in same cable (69% compared to 99%).

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxFreak View Post
    Unfortunately Multicom has not been able to fix DVB-T2 yet, so those bouquets wont be found (at least in Finnish terrestrial network...). Also there is some issues with DVB-T channel switching (tune failed) when starting viewing or changing channel (especially from one bouquet to another) but after a while picture is seen. SNR stays now stable, but value is lower than for example HD3 boxes in same cable (69% compared to 99%).
    New drivers tested and working for T2 in UK.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    New drivers tested and working for T2 in UK.
    Lucky you... Hope that they work for you after they fix them for us...

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxFreak View Post
    Lucky you... Hope that they work for you after they fix them for us...
    Try build 150, uploading now, tested and working fine here on T2.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Try build 150, uploading now, tested and working fine here on T2.
    That's not going to help. Agonis is based on ATV image and that then on oe-alliance...
    I test with Agonis, as they seem to get the drivers first in their image (for some reason)
    Oe-alliance git gets the drivers from the Agonis site...
    Besides that Multicom has confirmed me the T2 problem and estimated couple of weeks time to fix the drivers (for Finland).
    I promise to install OpenViX when I get working drivers verified...

Title
    Thanks
    Has driver worked won't have chance to do mine till tomorrow

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by penfolduk View Post
    Has driver worked won't have chance to do mine till tomorrow
    You haven't said if you're using terrestrial or cable.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    You haven't said if you're using terrestrial or cable.
    ive got twin cable

Title
    Thanks
    Driver update not working for me on cable

Still getting tuner failed after a short amount of time

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by penfolduk View Post
    Driver update not working for me on cable

Still getting tuner failed after a short amount of time
    Check your feeds, f connectors, splitters etc...
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast