Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Receiver Opinions

Title
    Thanks

Receiver Opinions

I've been looking for a E2 receiver on WOS shop and TM-Nano 2 Super caught my eyes with the specs which is worth the price but I have looked at other receivers such as TM-Twin-OE and VU+ Duo but I don't know which to go for so I need your opinions.

Also I have few questions that I want to ask,

1. Is there any problems such as drivers with the TM-Nano 2 Super? (As I heard Technomate is slow on releasing drivers)

2. If I don't like the remote control, can I purchase a replacement on WOS shop and use it or does it have to be same brand?

3. If I order on Saturday and select Next Day Delivery, will I receive it on Monday?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MRodut View Post
    I've been looking for a E2 receiver on WOS shop and TM-Nano 2 Super caught my eyes with the specs which is worth the price but I have looked at other receivers such as TM-Twin-OE and VU+ Duo but I don't know which to go for so I need your opinions.

Also I have few questions that I want to ask,

1. Is there any problems such as drivers with the TM-Nano 2 Super? (As I heard Technomate is slow on releasing drivers)

2. If I don't like the remote control, can I purchase a replacement on WOS shop and use it or does it have to be same brand?

3. If I order on Saturday and select Next Day Delivery, will I receive it on Monday?
    1/ Technomate TM-Nano Super is your best bet out the three receivers you have mentioned.

2/ A lot of peeps use the Logitech Harmony 600/650 remotes as these can be programmed to work on all your devices. I.e. STB, Blu-ray players etc, so no need for multiple remotes.

3/ If you ordered Saturday for next day delivery I would think it would arrive Tuesday, but don't quote me on that. Probably someone can clarify this?
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    1/ Technomate TM-Nano Super is your best bet out the three receivers you have mentioned.
    Do you know if the drivers for this receiver is stable?

2/ A lot of peeps use the Logitech Harmony 600/650 remotes as these can be programmed to work on all your devices. I.e. STB, Blu-ray players etc, so no need for multiple remotes.
    The Harmony remotes is out of my price range and I don't mind having remote for each device. If I get a Vu+ remote from WOS shop, will it work on the Technomate receiver straight away or do I have to program it?

Title
    Thanks
    Have you considered getting the Vu+ Solo2?
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts

Not any major issues that I'm aware of and theres recently been plenty of driver updates. They're also currently working on getting Transcoding working the Nano 2 Super and Nano-3T.

Has to be the same brand. The TM-Nano-3T has a new style universal remote.

. If I order on Saturday and select Next Day Delivery, will I receive it on Monday?
    Shop does not ship during the weekend.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    They're also currently working on getting Transcoding working the Nano 2 Super and Nano-3T.
    What added benefits/functionality will the transcoding bring?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Being able to watch waht is on your reciver remotely without using a lot of data.

Title
    Thanks
    Ahhh - ok. I was wondering why I could only stream one file format. This is very good news indeed.

Title
    Thanks
    I have placed an order for the Technomate Nano 2 Super receiver and will arrive on Monday but I have few questions that I want to ask before it arrives,

1. I've a single LNB at the moment which will be connected to LNB1 and set as simple, positioner and my latitude and longitude but what about LNB2 settings?

2. I will connect my 2.5" 1TB 5400RPM hard drive to the receiver but is there a setting where I can set the hard drive to only power on or spin when it is recording or timeshift?

3. Is it best to have picons and epg on USB stick rather than on internal memory?

Title
    Thanks
    3. Picons internal flash n EPG hdd will be good

Title
    Thanks
    3. Picons internal flash n EPG hdd will be good
    I assume that the EPG file will only read while the receiver is starting and the EPG data will be stored in RAM so it doesn't spin up the hard drive unless the EPG needs updating?

Also if anyone know the answer to Question 1 and 2, please help me out.

Thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I have placed an order for the Technomate Nano 2 Super receiver and will arrive on Monday but I have few questions that I want to ask before it arrives,

1. I've a single LNB at the moment which will be connected to LNB1 and set as simple, positioner and my latitude and longitude but what about LNB2 settings?

2. I will connect my 2.5" 1TB 5400RPM hard drive to the receiver but is there a setting where I can set the hard drive to only power on or spin when it is recording or timeshift?
    1) Set Tuner 2 to 2nd cable from motorised LNB.

2) It's standard, HDD will spin down after 5mins if not needed, unless you enable permanant timeshift in Timeshift settings.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Setup your EPG to update say at 4:15am daily n if you decide to use the ViX ABM to populate your channel list set that to update daily say at 4:00am.
    And EPG is best stored on either usb or hdd, I have mine on the hdd with no issues. Don't put EPG via internal flash, can easily corrupt data etc.
    On the other hand you don't want the Picons on your hdd as this will constantly spin the hdd, so setting up picons on either a usb or internal flash, as in this case you will have plenty of internal flash to store these.

Title
    Thanks
    1) Set Tuner 2 to 2nd cable from motorised LNB.
    I only have single LNB so I assume I set simple, positioner and my latitude and longitude for LNB1 and not configured as LNB2?

2) It's standard, HDD will spin down after 5mins if not needed, unless you enable permanant timeshift in Timeshift settings.
    I will set hard disk standby to 30 secs, so this means that if the hard drive is not in use for 30 secs it will go to standby and will only spin up when needed?