Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Misc picons

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the Ocram update but is there any way to extract the .ipk (like a .rar) on a pc so I can have the picon folder & contents as before?

There's several picons I've added that were missing from Ocrams 400x240 into my own picon folder. I just tend to pick out any new ones I'm missing & ftp them over into my existing folder on sat box, that way I don't delete any that aren't in the pack.

Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You can open an ipk file with 7-zip or use ipkg-tools on your box to unpack.

deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dude1 View Post
    Thanks for the Ocram update but is there any way to extract the .ipk (like a .rar) on a pc so I can have the picon folder & contents as before?

There's several picons I've added that were missing from Ocrams 400x240 into my own picon folder. I just tend to pick out any new ones I'm missing & ftp them over into my existing folder on sat box, that way I don't delete any that aren't in the pack.

Thanks
    The tar.xz files are not that easy to miss. https://github.com/picons/picons-source/releases

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I noticed Sky Arts was missing for a while so I knocked it up in 400 x 240 White Transparent.

skyarts.png skyartshd.png

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sigpark For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (24-08-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have also knocked up Sky Star Wars picons. I used the Disney logo as the base for the HD version so am providing TWO versions of the SD - the first one that is from the publisher channel logo and the alternative that "pairs" with the HD version. All in 400 x 240 White Transparent. Enjoy!

skystarwars.png skystarwars-alt.png skystarwarshd.png

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sigpark For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (24-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    It would be greatly appreciated if you can add the logos as attachmentst. This means they can be added to the build source and included in subsequent runs.

deleted
    I would also like to point out... depending on which build source... to upload full resolution versions, not these tiny thumbnails.

So that when 4K receivers have replaced HD, we won't have to start all over.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to deleted For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-08-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    It would be greatly appreciated if you can add the logos as attachmentst. This means they can be added to the build source and included in subsequent runs.
    If you right mouse click and save link as you get the attachment as uploaded in 400 x 240 .png. I can upload as attachments later when I get home, but I believe this behavior is when you "insert lines" into the post after uploading the actual file.

Quote Originally Posted by ocram
    I would also like to point out... depending on which build source... to upload full resolution versions, not these tiny thumbnails.

So that when 4K receivers have replaced HD, we won't have to start all over.
    I am sorry I never knew, and normally shoot to create the .png file in 400 x 240 - white if there is anything transparent in the logo itself, with the surround transparent. Is there a standard "higher" resolution that you are looking for or is it anything with the same ratio of 1.6666:1 with the maximum the original artwork will allow? I think I may have kept the intermediate files for above, and if that is what you want I will gladly do.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Forum resizes some image files. Somoen could upload a high resolution picture, it ends up being reduced. See Siclians merge bouquets using Dreamset thread as a typical example.

If you can, please upload the images in their full glory (withpout resizing) as attachments, perhaps even zipped. svg files are preferred to pngs. This would be very much appreciated.

deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sigpark View Post
    If you right mouse click and save link as you get the attachment as uploaded in 400 x 240 .png. I can upload as attachments later when I get home, but I believe this behavior is when you "insert lines" into the post after uploading the actual file.

I am sorry I never knew, and normally shoot to create the .png file in 400 x 240 - white if there is anything transparent in the logo itself, with the surround transparent. Is there a standard "higher" resolution that you are looking for or is it anything with the same ratio of 1.6666:1 with the maximum the original artwork will allow? I think I may have kept the intermediate files for above, and if that is what you want I will gladly do.
    If it's anything you would like to see added to the "ocram" picons, you can't do better than the following example: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ies_Disney.svg

If no svg file can be found, a png with correct transparency in a as high as possible resolution is 2nd best. No need to resize it to 400x240 or whatever and middle align it, because the script takes care of all that and in a few years we've got 4K receivers with retina front LCD's and the resolution of 400x240 will be worthless, just like all the other picon sets that use these fixed resolutions. I/we however will add a couple of lines to the script and release 1500x1500 picons.

Sadly I had to learn all this the hard way a few years back, when 100x60 was considered , I was not pleased when somebody released XPicons and I realized how stupid I have been by resizing everything to 200x120(I even doubled it, but still severely lacking).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ocram View Post
    If it's anything you would like to see added to the "ocram" picons, you can't do better than the following example: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ies_Disney.svg

If no svg file can be found, a png with correct transparency in a as high as possible resolution is 2nd best. No need to resize it to 400x240 or whatever and middle align it, because the script takes care of all that and in a few years we've got 4K receivers with retina front LCD's and the resolution of 400x240 will be worthless, just like all the other picon sets that use these fixed resolutions. I/we however will add a couple of lines to the script and release 1500x1500 picons.

Sadly I had to learn all this the hard way a few years back, when 100x60 was considered , I was not pleased when somebody released XPicons and I realized how stupid I have been by resizing everything to 200x120(I even doubled it, but still severely lacking).
    Sorry I didn't get back before now had to deal with PC page faults and IRQ faults - hardware problem - kept crashing! Anyway, here are the earlier picons as attachments and in 400 x 240 and higher resolution format, and an AMC one (in .zip files also as requested). Will do better next time!

@ocram - I wasn't sure of "If no svg file can be found, a png with correct transparency in a as high as possible resolution is 2nd best. No need to resize it to 400x240 or whatever and middle align it, because the script takes care....", so what you are saying is provide the image in high resolution cropped to boundaries of the image, with correct transparency?

amcfrombt.png

sky arts starwars and amc 400x240.zip
    sky arts starwars and amc 800x480.zip

zafeer

Exclamation Eurosport 1 (HD) & Eurosport 2 (HD)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345