Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Problems flashing Xtrend et6000

Title
    Thanks

Problems flashing Xtrend et6000

Hi

I have a ET6000 which I gave to a friend. It has the VIX image on it. It seems to stop working to I am trying to flash it again with a new image. I have tried the latest 3.0 VIX, PLi and other images and have also tried the old VIX 2.3 and 2.4. I have tried to update the bootloader (I think I have already done so) but it just goes to the xtrend 'the gateway for smart linux tv' screen. Im sure it has a new bootloader as it reads only et6x00 and not et6000.

I followed the guide below:

Format USB memory stick FAT32.

Create et6x00 folder in root of memory stick and copy the following 5 files to that location.

1) imageversion
    2) kernel.bin
    3) noforce
    4) rootfs.bin
    5) splash.bin

Insert the USB medium into either USB sockets on the front or rear panel.
    Now Power Off and Power On the box through the powerswitch at the rear panel of the box.

After Power On, ET6000 is detecting if there is ET6000 firmware available on the USB stick.
    When the yellow/orange led shines then there is ET6000 firmware detected.
    To load the ET6000 firmware you'll need to press the up button on the front panel.
    When the green led will shine together with he yellow/orange led then the box is loading the firmware.
    Please be patient because it will take couple of minutes to finish upgrading.
    When the yellow/orange led will disappear then the box is finished upgrading the firmware.
    The box will startup automatically after the upgrade is finished.

Everything work except it startsup and gets stuck at the 'Xtrend The gateway for Smart Linux Tv' screen.

I have been trying to get this fixed all day but not having much luck. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Your help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amar786 View Post
    Hi

I have a ET6000 which I gave to a friend. It has the VIX image on it. It seems to stop working to I am trying to flash it again with a new image. I have tried the latest 3.0 VIX, PLi and other images and have also tried the old VIX 2.3 and 2.4. I have tried to update the bootloader (I think I have already done so) but it just goes to the xtrend 'the gateway for smart linux tv' screen. Im sure it has a new bootloader as it reads only et6x00 and not et6000.

I followed the guide below:

Format USB memory stick FAT32.

Create et6x00 folder in root of memory stick and copy the following 5 files to that location.

1) imageversion
    2) kernel.bin
    3) noforce
    4) rootfs.bin
    5) splash.bin

Insert the USB medium into either USB sockets on the front or rear panel.
    Now Power Off and Power On the box through the powerswitch at the rear panel of the box.

After Power On, ET6000 is detecting if there is ET6000 firmware available on the USB stick.
    When the yellow/orange led shines then there is ET6000 firmware detected.
    To load the ET6000 firmware you'll need to press the up button on the front panel.
    When the green led will shine together with he yellow/orange led then the box is loading the firmware.
    Please be patient because it will take couple of minutes to finish upgrading.
    When the yellow/orange led will disappear then the box is finished upgrading the firmware.
    The box will startup automatically after the upgrade is finished.

Everything work except it startsup and gets stuck at the 'Xtrend The gateway for Smart Linux Tv' screen.

I have been trying to get this fixed all day but not having much luck. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Your help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks
    try a different usb and make sure it is formatted correctly.

You can find the current bootloader in the bootloader folder under the official VIX image web page on this web site.
    Last edited by twol; 12-01-15 at 12:22.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    try a different usb and make sure it is formatted correctly.

You can find the current bootloader in the bootloader folder under the official VIX image web page on this web site.
    Hi Mate,

I have used different USB sticks and have used the HP format tool but not luck with any of this.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amar786 View Post
    I have used different USB sticks and have used the HP format tool but not luck with any of this.
    Extracting to the USB stick without using the correct directory structure so?
    Multiple random USB sticks of all sizes used here for flashing various manufacturers boxes & none have ever failed in years.

Title
    Thanks
    I have the same problem in exactly the date you start this thread.
    I tried lots of images and bootloaders. The device seems installing the image (it takes 2-3 minutes) but after restart again STUCKing on "Xtrend 'the gateway for smart linux tv' "screen.