Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XBMC Sections added to the board

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    Navi-X, Sportsdevil & Genesis Imo are the best addons
    Just checked & have the three of these working on ViX.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

duoduo (08-01-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cannot wait, great start to 2015..
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Cannot wait, great start to 2015..
    It's still a bit clunky & needs work in some areas such as Live TV/PVR, sound on some files...
    But it does work better than I'd expected so far.
    Few screenies from my Solo2:

screenshot017.jpg screenshot016.jpg screenshot001.jpg screenshot000.jpg
    Last edited by judge; 08-01-15 at 23:40. Reason: Removed one screenie.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

bassethound (12-01-15),korn (10-01-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Nice one, is Confluence the only skin available Judge? Can you or have you tried to install repositories?
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Nice one, is Confluence the only skin available Judge? Can you or have you tried to install repositories?
    No, other skins are available & easy to add repositories.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

duoduo (09-01-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I must be Doing something wrong I get the 1st screen then I hit a brick wall I must have it set up wrong

foz
    Why have you gone with Gotham build?
    Are you using the xbmc player?
    Have you got a beta I can test?
    Thanks
    foz

Title
    Thanks
    It's not the Vix plugin and therefore not their decision on the base XBMC build,

The plugin was created by VU+ , Vix are, integrating it into their image and testing it for compatibility.

As far as I know it doesn't use the XBMC player but instead uses the same one as TSMedia (Gstreamer) . I don't have the plugin so this is an educated guess.

Also about the beta, you could just back everything up and go and grab blackhole which already has the plugin, and then switch back to Vix in a week or so when it's been released.

foz
    Quote Originally Posted by zoro25 View Post
    It's not the Vix plugin and therefore not their decision on the base XBMC build,

The plugin was created by VU+ , Vix are, integrating it into their image and testing it for compatibility.

As far as I know it doesn't use the XBMC player but instead uses the same one as TSMedia (Gstreamer) . I don't have the plugin so this is an educated guess.

Also about the beta, you could just back everything up and go and grab blackhole which already has the plugin, and then switch back to Vix in a week or so when it's been released.
    thanks zero
    they can update the Xbmc build into the vix image while coding it this is why I asked
    are the vix team still going down the route of Xbmc plugin? or hard coding it into the image?
    regarding the player, I am currently testing the bh beta 2 at present, i would strongly recommend the vix team trying to fix the Xbmc player before releasing
    I am into my Xbmc, I write a playlist on istream under the name Anti-Matter and am involved with the community builds over at totalxbmc, i am also a beta tester for alex's (Codesnakes) port of openelec to the TRMK1 box and in a Skype group of beta testers for Xbmc boxes
    I made all the config files and where to put them for the piavpn addon for openelec, and passed them to metalkettle to build the addon that can now be found in his repo
    I am no coder but can manage to edit/hack python code to change things normally within the Xbmc addons etc
    if I can be of any help here I am happy to try and help
    foz
    Last edited by foz; 10-01-15 at 10:27.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to foz For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (14-01-15)

Title
    Thanks
    it would be awsome to get the xbmc media player working gstreamer works ok but its not a patch on the xbmc player

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How is the testing going? Are we nearly there with a ViX release?

Title
    Thanks
    i flashed blackhole 2.1.4 with xbmc beta 2, just to test it on duo2, it actually works very well, was surprised , but i prefer vix image so flashed backup image back, cant wait till vix adds it

Title
    Thanks
    I'm going to switch to Blackhole,

I think the Vix guys must be trying to reverse engineer the plugin to work with other boxes or something, I can't see why else other image makers have added and Vix have held it back.

It seems that supporting virtually every device the site sponsors sells might be a minus in this case for us VU+ owners who want plugins and additions aimed at our boxes.

Pity as I also prefer Vix over other images. I intend to back up so I can easily come back.
    Last edited by zoro25; 22-01-15 at 09:40.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    I think the Vix guys must be trying to reverse engineer the plugin to work with other boxes or something.....
    You're guessing wrong mate.
    But you don't seem to realize that it is quite a lot of work to get it running properly, that even VU themselves have this still in a beta-state, that we tend to release only when we are satisfied ourselves, and that we spend hundreds of hours of our spare time to get this all done.
    But be my guest and be happy with BH.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

duoduo (22-01-15),Sicilian (22-01-15),Stu (22-01-15)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

It seems that supporting virtually every device the site sponsors sells might be a minus in this case for us VU+ owners who want plugins and additions aimed at our boxes.
    ?? What on earth has it got to do with the sponsor?

You and other members/users are MORE than welcome to provide development in order to get the plugin working and compatible quicker. If you or anyone else can offer coding skills to ViX please feel free to PM me EVEN VU+ themselves are more than welcome to offer their help, which may I add is ZERO!
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast