Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XBMC Sections added to the board

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry forget all my comments on xbmcaddons plugin, so you are referring to a full blown xbmc aka now kodi ?
    If its not broken don't attempt to fix it, it could get alot worse "

Title
    Thanks
    Can I please check if the Vix team will also be following suit at a late date as I would love to still stick with the Vix team as I believe the support of is better than other images. (currently have a VU+ Duo2 box) however also love the fat that XMBC is finally coming in a fairly stable form to VU+

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    4. why on earth are vu using xbmc gotham when kodi has been in testing for months and months. hehe
    My guess is that there is a very good reason for that. Our boxes are not compatible with XMBC (nor KODI), due to hardware & software limitations. Remember the hardware is designed for being a receiver and the embedded Linux version is limited.
    As a result of that VU modified an existing XMBC version, and also added some functionality via their drivers. Obviously when doing so you're always behind the development of XMBC itself.
    IMHO that is not a real limitation, as this implies that there is only one party responsible for the functionality of XMBC as well as the plugins. In other words: image builders just add what they get from VU+ without having to reinvent a rolling wheel. In fact the same as with HbbTV.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    My guess is that there is a very good reason for that. Our boxes are not compatible with XMBC (nor KODI), due to hardware & software limitations. Remember the hardware is designed for being a receiver and the embedded Linux version is limited.
    As a result of that VU modified an existing XMBC version, and also added some functionality via their drivers. Obviously when doing so you're always behind the development of XMBC itself.
    IMHO that is not a real limitation, as this implies that there is only one party responsible for the functionality of XMBC as well as the plugins. In other words: image builders just add what they get from VU+ without having to reinvent a rolling wheel. In fact the same as with HbbTV.
    Issue being is all the best addons crested by the best developers continually develop in line with latest versions. Therfore eventually very few addons will work with xbmc gotham due to the developers updating the addon to facilitate kodi and its latest releases.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ive not used it for a while, just catching up on a few things.
    is the log just the big xbmc.log in temp? there is also an xbmc.old.log too. or are there specific log files somewhere else?
    I'm not the tech to answer that question lol.. I meant a log within enigma2 to show any issues Rossi?
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

foz
    ive not used it for a while, just catching up on a few things.
    is the log just the big xbmc.log in temp? there is also an xbmc.old.log too. or are there specific log files somewhere else?
    yes, new log started on each Xbmc startup old is obviously the previous log

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foz For This Useful Post:

Clabs (05-01-15),duoduo (05-01-15),Larry-G (05-01-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys i downloaded and installed the xbmcaddon from software updates on my uno
    i have it working and watch *cefilms, but not sure what the recording path is i have
    a internal hdd fitted shown up in /media/hdd but not sure what else to put into path
    to save recorded movies, can anybody give advice ?

thanks in advance

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huey45 View Post
    Hi guys i downloaded and installed the xbmcaddon from software updates on my uno
    i have it working and watch *cefilms, but not sure what the recording path is i have
    a internal hdd fitted shown up in /media/hdd but not sure what else to put into path
    to save recorded movies, can anybody give advice ?

thanks in advance
    Please start a new thread for support with the XBMC plugin, this thread was intended as a general announcement and discussion thread., you will get more help with your own thread than tacking questions onto this one.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    sorry noted..

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    I played around with XBMC and installed around 40 streaming addons and the box behaves just like a real PC:-) All addons installed and behaved as normal. Because it also uses gstreamer for playing streams the limitations for file formats are the same as in E2. This is no big drawback because >95% is h264 in different container. It is quite an plus for E2 because the community is a lot bigger then for E2.

btw. Gotham is not so old and it was the release version when the first VU beta appeared.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

rossi2000 (08-01-15),Sicilian (08-01-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That's really great news Trial, do you know if it's possible to install custom builds that were made for Gotham builds?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi have you got navix working, I seems to be getting script error when trying to start it but I am testing it out on a different image, but all the other addons seems to run fine.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    I did not try NaviX jet. I saw it on my FireTV and it seems to be quite a special case. I only tried plugins from the xbmc repository up to now.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Navi-X, Sportsdevil & Genesis Imo are the best addons, if these work then happy days for me. Not asking for an Eta Mods but are we close to getting this on Vix?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    Navi-X, Sportsdevil & Genesis Imo are the best addons, if these work then happy days for me. Not asking for an Eta Mods but are we close to getting this on Vix?
    Testing is going well so there is no real reason why it wont be added to ViX for supported hardware very soon, we are just busy working on multiple things in the image at the moment though so cant really say when it will be released just that it's coming.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

duoduo (08-01-15)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast